By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will fable 3 be the zelda killer?

Blu-ray was te hd-dvd killer
and ps2 is the ps3 killer

Around the Network

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here, Lets wait till "Fable 2" AT LEAST outsells "Fable 1"

Fable 1: 2.6 Mil
Fable 2: 2.13 Mil

Zelda Twilight Princess: 6.6 Mil (Wii + GC)

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Depends...

Zelda is a series that has come close to killing itself 2 times.

First with Zelda: Adventure of Link. If it hadn't been for ALttP being as awesome as it was, it wouldn't have seen as stellar sales.

Then with Majora's Mask and The WindWaker, if it hadn't been for TP being as stellar as it was, sales wouldn't have been as awesome.

Generally, every time the Zelda series has done something "new and exiting" it has come close to killing itself (as in, hurting its sales a lot). As this time, they're doing it in a bigger scale than ever before, there's an even bigger risk of sales being crap. Of course, the game being on Wii (rather than GC) helps a lot.

So potentially, the next Zelda Wii could go as low as 2.5-3M in sales. 3-4M is more realistical though. Still, for Fable 3 to outsell this is very possible.

Wow!I didn't know those statistics but I still think a wii zelda might sell very well even if they innovate because it'll probably be the most hyped up game this generation as some1 pointed out earlier in dis thread.Just look at my sig!And look at how many wiis have been sold!If u could count the number of hardcore gamers that own a wii,you'd probably be close to how many units it would sell.As for Fable?Never played it but I think dats like saying 'Next Banjo Kazoei sell more than next mario'?HOWEVER<ANYTHINGT IS POSSIBLE!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

LOL

...oh wait, was this a serious topic?

It's all about the game.

Are you kidding me? Currently Twilight Princess have sold 6.60 millions ( Wii & GC combined ), Fable II is far away of reaching that mark. Although Fable is an amazing IP, Zelda is one of the peaks of culture in videogames.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Depends...

First with Zelda: Adventure of Link. If it hadn't been for ALttP being as awesome as it was, it wouldn't have seen as stellar sales.

Then with Majora's Mask and The WindWaker, if it hadn't been for TP being as stellar as it was, sales wouldn't have been as awesome.

Generally, every time the Zelda series has done something "new and exiting" it has come close to killing itself (as in, hurting its sales a lot). As this time, they're doing it in a bigger scale than ever before, there's an even bigger risk of sales being crap. Of course, the game being on Wii (rather than GC) helps a lot.

So potentially, the next Zelda Wii could go as low as 2.5-3M in sales. 3-4M is more realistical though. Still, for Fable 3 to outsell this is very possible.

I take umbrage with this, sir. Ocarina of Time changed things up more than any other game in the series, excepting Adventure of Link.

And Wind Waker still broke nearly 5 million sales, didn't it?

Edit: And Hell, Majora's Mask lower sales could at least partially be blamed on needing that damned RAM expansion pack for the N64.

Kantor said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Galaki said:
Butter is way better than margarine

Margarine is far healthier though...

Margarine has trans fat, which contains liquid hydrogen.

Butter for me, please.

And to answer your question, no, Zelda Wii will sell butter than Fable II by a huge margarine.

You sir, are the king.

Khuutra said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Depends...

I take umbrage with this, sir. Ocarina of Time changed things up more than any other game in the series, excepting Adventure of Link.

And Wind Waker still broke nearly 5 million sales, didn't it?

Edit: And Hell, Majora's Mask lower sales could at least partially be blamed on needing that damned RAM expansion pack for the N64.

I don't expect the next installment in the Zelda series to fall lower than 5M. I expect it to be in the 6-8M range. I'm just saying there's a possibility that it could happen. And that the probability is far higher than most would expect (but still extremely low)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

nice joke thread

my two cents: i enjoyed Fable 2, and Zelda: TP bored me to death.

When over a decade later and Zelda games still cost in the double digits used and within less than 5 I can get fable for under 8$...Zelda demand will always be greater than fable can ever wish to be.

I like Fable and like Zelda and even in IMO Okami is a better more streamlined Zelda...even if you do manage to make a better forumla on a classic series I doubt fable or any Zelda ish game will ever be up to the demand of the Zelda series.