By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will fable 3 be the zelda killer?

also to add, the LAST Zelda Killer did not seem to do the job too well (see Dark Cloud)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

fable 3 has no chance of betn zelda.

I want to make a prediction! Fable 3 will have a much higher first week sales the the next Zelda. (and you can quote me on it if you want to)

lol

wait this is a serious thread

lol

Untouch said:
lol

Around the Network

I'll answer your question with another question:

Will White Knight Chronicles 2 be the Final Fantasy killer? That is essentially what you are asking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

toastboy44562 said:

Will fable 3 be the zelda killer?

No.

Note: Somehow I put background color and I don't know how to remove it.

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.

NEVAR!

Zelda, games are all followed by a massive fan base, Just the name is a classic.

Plus which name sounds cooler? The legend of Zelda or Fable? imo Zelda, just hearing the name makes me wanna go play OoT >.>

Khuutra said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I don't expect the next installment in the Zelda series to fall lower than 5M. I expect it to be in the 6-8M range. I'm just saying there's a possibility that it could happen. And that the probability is far higher than most would expect (but still extremely low)

Hell! Wind Waker was less than 100k away from outselling A Link to the Past.

Beside the point now, yes, but the series has just generally ben selling a lot more since it went 3-D.

After checking the numbers, the Zelda series wasn't really ever in a big danger.

Phantom Hourglass (the worst handheld zelda :P) is the best selling handheld Zelda. It has sold more than double of all the others, save for Links Awakening (which is almost definitely the best handheld Zelda)

Twilight Princess (GC + Wii) has outsold the first Zelda. It won't beat OoT.

A link to the past sold just a tiny amount better than Adventure of Link. Apparently, its quality didn't make a lot more buy the game.

Majora's Mask (which I, for some odd reason thought sold less than 2M) was really in the top 15 best selling games on the N64 (OoT was 4th).

So actually, Zelda looks like it is "catching up" to selling as well as Mario (platformers), and some of Nintendo's other series, rather than going straight to hell.

PS: Khuutra, you need to stop derailing my points!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

In fairness the point of this topic is kind of frivolous, and taking note of the Zelda series' slow but measurable expansion in terms of userbase is more interesting.