By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 months later - PS3 only has TWO million sellers?

Hus said:
Of course you 2 would.

Xbox and Ninteno fans are just jealous of LBP, the most original and innovative game currently in the making. Hell if Miyamoto was making it it would be the second coming of jesus the next 10 million seller for nintendo.
 If LBP was made by Nintendo and coming out for the Wii, it would sell 2 million in Japan alone, 5 million WW. Since it's made by Media Molecule, a western developer, it will have a hard time breaking 100k in Japan, but it should break 1 mil WW. 

Around the Network
Hus said:
mitsuhide said:
Lol I agree with that Hus they want what they cant have.

Its also that they fear LBP, its destroys the myth of Nintendo innovation.  LBP spanks any game Nintendo has, it will appeal to every one from 4 year olds to psycho hardcore gamers.  It could become the defining game of this generation.  A succes the size of Gran turismo. 

Its a game destined to get good reviews and people will listen to the reviews and the last Nintendo game that was innovative was.........a long time ago.GT size success is 6-8million copies sold(i think)which isnt unlikely for LBP but it will take time and i doubt there would be a sequel to LBP so they would just come up with another innovative game after that and it will snowball.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

FilaBrasileiro said:
Hus said:
Of course you 2 would.

Xbox and Ninteno fans are just jealous of LBP, the most original and innovative game currently in the making. Hell if Miyamoto was making it it would be the second coming of jesus the next 10 million seller for nintendo.
 If LBP was made by Nintendo and coming out for the Wii, it would sell 2 million in Japan alone, 5 million WW. Since it's made by Media Molecule, a western developer, it will have a hard time breaking 100k in Japan, but it should break 1 mil WW. 

Spoken truthfully. Also, if it was made by Nintendo I imagine it would probably be getting torn apart right now by the very same people who are praising it for the PS3.

@HUS

I thought the Six-Axis already disproved the myth of Nintendo Innovation.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

FilaBrasileiro said:
Hus said:
Of course you 2 would.

Just because its a western game doesnt mean it wont sell over there and just because it isnt made by Nintendo doesnt mean it wont sell.Yes the Japanese USUALLY dont buy western games and buy their own quirky games but wait LBP is quirky,new,original and is aimed at EVERYONE(doesnt mean everyone will like it though)so 100k for Japan for a game that could have been easily made by a Japanese company is low.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
Hus said:
mitsuhide said:
Lol I agree with that Hus they want what they cant have.

Its also that they fear LBP, its destroys the myth of Nintendo innovation. LBP spanks any game Nintendo has, it will appeal to every one from 4 year olds to psycho hardcore gamers. It could become the defining game of this generation. A succes the size of Gran turismo.

Its a game destined to get good reviews and people will listen to the reviews and the last Nintendo game that was innovative was.........a long time ago.GT size success is 6-8million copies sold(i think)which isnt unlikely for LBP but it will take time and i doubt there would be a sequel to LBP so they would just come up with another innovative game after that and it will snowball.

LBp will get alot of download able content rather then a quick sequal, long life. 

Huge online support growing the community that will be their goal after the game ships.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
jjseth said:
Hmmmm am I the only one who thinks that Socom confrontation will be a million plus seller? I know the first two did great, but can't find info on 3 or CA. I did however add on my caveat though that it would have to be like 1 or 2 in terms of gameplay, but next gen graphics and a hit game for the online crowd.

And Soriku, I saw it on the net somewhere and had to paste it in. Even though I'm not a big fan of Nintendo, I still got a kick out of it.

Isn't it PSN only?

Nope. There will be a blu-ray version as well that is rumored to be packed in with a Jabra bluetooth headset as well as the PSN download.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

FilaBrasileiro said:
jjseth said:
Hmmmm am I the only one who thinks that Socom confrontation will be a million plus seller? I know the first two did great, but can't find info on 3 or CA. I did however add on my caveat though that it would have to be like 1 or 2 in terms of gameplay, but next gen graphics and a hit game for the online crowd.

And Soriku, I saw it on the net somewhere and had to paste it in. Even though I'm not a big fan of Nintendo, I still got a kick out of it.
Much like GT 5 Prologue, it's a PSN only title and its sales won't reflect on this site. LBP and Warhawk will also have the option of being downloadable, so the same problems applies to them.

That's pretty insane since it would be a sale of the software even if it's not done in a typical brick and mortar store.   Wouldn't there be a release of sales information on those games to the public, or at the least to investors?

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

@ sporticus

Very true too

@mitsuhide

I think it's a realistic prediction. Western games just don't sell in Japan. What are your estimates?

@ FilaBrasileiro

If LBP was made by Nintendo and coming out for the Wii, it would sell 2 million in Japan alone

But the game would then probably loose much of its charm, like its high definition visuals and impressive physics.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

LBP to Killzone, Sonys diversity unrivaled!!!