By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 months later - PS3 only has TWO million sellers?

It seems people forget that sequels aren`t likely to sell even close to the old entries, thanks to the low userbase. Multiplat games won`t get 1 million sales too, this time PS3 is the unpopular format. Only games I expect to sell 1 million this year, are the following: Heav.Sword, Uncharted, GT Prologue if released everywhere. Maybe some shooters will do it too, thanks to the appeal that they seem to have ( Resistance`s sales, though that may be coz of its launch title situation)

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Heavenly Sword can best be described as "God of War with a chick!" and as such I don't see how it could possibly break 1 Million units on the PS3 ...

Yeah... and Tekken is MK in 3D... same crap all over again...

HS  - million copies before end of the fiscal year.

The 360 was the only next-gen console that was available during its first year on the market, and its library targets one core demographic, so of course it had more million sellers in the same time frame.

Anyway, of the PS3's upcoming releases, I'd say Heavenly Sword, LBP, Ratchet & Clank, PES, Uncharted, and maybe Warhawk(even though we might not know because some will buy the BD version and others will download it.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Somebody asked what 360 had at this time... don't have time to research that, but Dec 31, 2006.

In 05/06 but including the holiday... 360 had Five... Gears of War (October), Madden 07 (August), Ghost Recon, COD2, and Oblivion was really close. And if anyone is interested Wii has 8 right now. But PS3 has a lot of potential this holiday, HS, Madden, Assasin's Creed, and lot's of 500k sellers.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

mrstickball said:
 I think LBP, despite everyone's belief of an uber-hit, will wind up being the Viva Pianta of the Playstation 3.

LBP sure as hell is not Viva Pniata, and xbots are not liek Ps owners.

Around the Network
Hus said:
mrstickball said:
I think LBP, despite everyone's belief of an uber-hit, will wind up being the Viva Pianta of the Playstation 3.

LBP sure as hell is not Viva Pniata, and xbots are not liek Ps owners.

I agree with MrStickBall, I just don't think PS owners will buy into it.

leo-j said:
Soriku said:
I agree with Claude.

@Hus

HS - no
Fifa - no
Madden - maybe
NFSPS - BIG NO
CoD4 - ALMOST but not quite
R&C - No, but really close
UT3 - Probably, either 1 mil or 800-900k range
AC - BIG NO
Haze - maybe
Uncharted - maybe

HS yes it will sell 1 million easily

1.Hype

2.boxart

3.God of war comparison

4.Immense story

5.Great gameplay(and amazing graphics)

I expect resistance to sell 3 million by year's end and Unreal tournament is a BIG seller, the best fps on the xbox and ps2 in its time, I expect it to sell 1 million by year's end.

Boxart?  Heavenly Sword might reach 1 Million... though if it sells like God of War it will be tough.  God of War despite getting such good reviews didn't sell that great and that was which a MUCH bigger userbase.  

Either way... if it does or doesn't... Box art won't really be a factor.

Box Art and display stuff is really only very effective on products under 15 dollars or so.  Most effective on items under 5 dollars.  Other then that all boxart and packaging usually can do is make the average consumer not get something.

Hmmmm am I the only one who thinks that Socom confrontation will be a million plus seller? I know the first two did great, but can't find info on 3 or CA. I did however add on my caveat though that it would have to be like 1 or 2 in terms of gameplay, but next gen graphics and a hit game for the online crowd.

And Soriku, I saw it on the net somewhere and had to paste it in. Even though I'm not a big fan of Nintendo, I still got a kick out of it.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:
Hmmmm am I the only one who thinks that Socom confrontation will be a million plus seller? I know the first two did great, but can't find info on 3 or CA. I did however add on my caveat though that it would have to be like 1 or 2 in terms of gameplay, but next gen graphics and a hit game for the online crowd.

And Soriku, I saw it on the net somewhere and had to paste it in. Even though I'm not a big fan of Nintendo, I still got a kick out of it.

Isn't it PSN only?

mitsuhide said:
Lol I agree with that Hus they want what they cant have.

Its also that they fear LBP, its destroys the myth of Nintendo innovation.  LBP spanks any game Nintendo has, it will appeal to every one from 4 year olds to psycho hardcore gamers.  It could become the defining game of this generation.  A succes the size of Gran turismo.