By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 months later - PS3 only has TWO million sellers?

8 months later - PS3 only has TWO million sellers?

In what must be hugely disappointing news for Sony, checking the latest worldwide million-sellers chart it seems that only two PS3 games have managed to crack the 1 million mark worldwide - Sony's own Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm. With GTA IV pushed back until 2008, will any other games pass the 1 million mark in 2007?

http://digg.com/playstation_3/8_months_later_PS3_only_has_TWO million_sellers

Around the Network

Could someone pull up a compariosn to the 360 during the same timeframe?

I'd say madden will break 1mil on the PS3, and R&C will eventually do the same.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Yeah, I would be curious to see the 360 in the same timeframe. Perfect Dark Zero might have, and maybe some sports game, but I can't think of any others besides Dead Rising that were out by this time.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

This seems very, very slow. Those games have been in various bundles with the hardware as well in an attempt to give a better value to customers. So the only million sellers on the PS3 were also bundled with the system at some point.

Ratchet and Clank? I'd give it 600k, tops.

Heavenly Sword and Lair? ...lol no

Madden is really the only one I see getting anywhere near 1 million.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Seeing as their games are selling great, i don't see how sony is being dissapointed. If they are released in more then one market. Most likely future 1million sellers.

Hevenly Sword (Devil and God crowd)
Fifa (Euro xmas driven sales)
Madden (duhh)
Ratchet and Clank (proven loyal fanbase)
Need for Speed ProStreet (will sale good every where)
CoD4 Moder Warfare (just look at it)
UnReal 3 (pretty shiny Gears graphics)
Assasins Creed (as long as Ubi does not fuk it up)
Haze (same as that ^)
Uncharted (its noughty dog, they always sell +1 mill)

@sieanr

According to the American Charts for Aug 19 2006:

Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Ubisoft248,504911,683
Call of Duty 2
Activision398,2741,140,438

And maybe:

Fight Night Round 3
EA268,819582,836
Perfect Dark Zero
Microsoft394,146586,602
Project Gotham 3
Microsoft393,915410,210
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
EA393,855472,327

if they were selling well in Europe/Others.

Edit: Shoot numbers got caught off... I'll try to adjust.

Edit: Adjusted. 

If we are going only off exclusives then gears of war, and halo already has million in preorders O.o

Im guessing games like bioshock and mass effect could push it and maybe make it. Like ps3 i think madden etc will break it too.

I dont have a accurate list so someone put one up for 360

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I still think that if Socom Confrontation releases this year (Hard to say as some sources say it's pushed back till 2008, while others still show a November release date) and is the true return to it's socom 1 & 2 roots with better graphics and better gameplay. I think a game like that could hit 1 million ps3's and encourage many who were addicted to the first two games to come to the PS3 and pick up that game.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

The only million sellers are resistance and motorstorm because those are the ONLY good games the system has(ninja gaiden might hit 1 million).

this year hitting milion sold:
Heavenly sword(1 million easily)
UNreal tournament(easily as well)
warhawk(blue tooth head set will force sales)

Next year:
Killzone 2
Uncharted
mgs4
Maybe LBP
cod4
assasins creed

Those are the only games I see hitting 1 million in there lifetime as of right now.
I was playing resistance and just one guy said heavenly sword was for Homo's, and everyone else bashed him I was about to report but I didnt, heavenly sword is going to be more epic than god of war, I garuntee it.

mM