By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 8 months later - PS3 only has TWO million sellers?

Did Sony rape you, did a playstation come to life and beat you with a whip ?

Killzone
Socom
Resistacne

Uncharted

Ratched and Clank
Jak and Daxter

LitleBigPlanet

Afrika
Aqua Vita
Sky Blu

Lair
Warhawk

God of War
Heavenly Sword

White Night Story
Folklore

Motorstorm
Gran Turismo
Whipeout

Calling all cars

Singstar
Palystation Eye
Eye of Judgement

NBA
MLB
Hof Shots Golf

Lemmings
Echochrome
Go puzzle

Blast Factor
Super Stardust

You really are the biggest idiot on this site, thats the honest to god truth.

If thats not diversity, i dont know what the hell is.

WTF is deversity in your eyes ?

Explain to me how that's more diverse than the entire list of games on either the Wii or 360?

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
Hus said:
Of course you 2 would.

Xbox and Ninteno fans are just jealous of LBP, the most original and innovative game currently in the making. Hell if Miyamoto was making it it would be the second coming of jesus the next 10 million seller for nintendo.

LOL, the company behind LBP approached Nintendo about getting a dev kit.  At the time Nintendo told them that they wouldn't have their download service and a proper dev kit ready for them to use.  The team behind LBP are huge Nintendo fans.  Look at their early sketches, a lot of them are Zelda and Mario characters.  Heck they even showed these sketches with the characters off during the game dev conference.  So if anything you can mostly blame Nintendo for not being ready for LBP on the Wii.  Sony was smart to get it for the PS3.  Problem is...  I agree that it won't sell as well on the PS3 as it could have on the Wii if it was released as a packaged disc game.  However it's all guesses but it seems that most agree that the game looks awesome but won't reach it's sales potential.  I hope it does better then expected.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

They could always release a Wii version later I suppose, unless Sony owns the rights to the game now.

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

Why must people constantly pull up giant lists of games? Do you really need to reaffirm your purchase that much?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Why must people constantly pull up giant lists of games? Do you really need to reaffirm your purchase that much?

Well, you've got to convince someone you've made the right choice.

- John Lucas

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
Hus said:
mitsuhide said:
Lol I agree with that Hus they want what they cant have.

Its also that they fear LBP, its destroys the myth of Nintendo innovation. LBP spanks any game Nintendo has, it will appeal to every one from 4 year olds to psycho hardcore gamers. It could become the defining game of this generation. A succes the size of Gran turismo.

Ummm...  What??  Wow... you uh... have a lot of faith in LBP.  Can you show me this groundbreaking stuff?  From what I saw... it was a standard platformer with really nice graphics and some physics thrown in.  I didn't see anything that made me think it was ground breaking stuff here.  The first video's I saw made me worried that the game wouldn't have enough stuff to do in it.  It looked too much like a tech demo then a full game (which is fine for what it is and was).  I notice they added enemies to the game to try and give it a bigger feeling.  But you can't compare LBP to a game like Pikmin.  Nintendo has always had several things up their sleeves over the years.  I mentioned Pikmin since last gen, IMO pikmin was one of the biggest innovative games Nintendo released (new franchise wise anyway, Wind Waker was years ahead of it's time for an established franchise).

Anyway, none of us know what Sony or Nintendo has in the back room.  I expect there will be plenty more innovative games for both systems before the end of this gen.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Soriku said:
^ They don't own the rights.

Good, then let's hope against all odds that a Nintendo version graces the Wii some far off day. Not holding my breath though.

- John Lucas

- Reggie Fils-Aime

- Unknown

- Sony Fandom

Sporticus said:
Killzone3 said:
LBP to Killzone, Sonys diversity unrivaled!!!

Diversity to the max! Seven FPSs, one God of War clone, two flight slims, two racing games, and one casual racing game on top of all that. God, look at all that diversity, that's like a whole... five... genres! And how is the PS3 not outselling the Wii? I swear, If they released an eighth FPS I might just have to throw my Wii away and buy a PS3.

Killzone3 has already clearly made his point, I will just add  that I don't remember any game on Wii or Xbox360 that remotely resembles Heavy Rain,  Imabi Kisou or even Pain, do you ? So much for diversity ! 

Sporticus said:
sieanr said:

Well, you've got to convince someone you've made the right choice.

What??  No you don't!  Are we all in kindergarten again???  Like sheesh... that sounds like a school kid thing to say.  If someone loved the Atari Jaguar for it's games...  good for them... you don't need to prove to anyone why you bought a system.

Sporticus said:
Soriku said:
^ They don't own the rights.

Good, then let's hope against all odds that a Nintendo version graces the Wii some far off day. Not holding my breath though.

The dev team behind LBP has a Wii Dev kit now and have had one since the Games Developers conference.  They have said that they will bring a few games to the Wii's Wiiware section.  I doubt LBP will come to the Wii unless it truly bombs on the PS3 and they need the money badly.