By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy an Xbox360 or tons of Wii, VC, and DS games?

I am not sure which to buy. I already have a Wii and a DS. Most of my friends have an Xbox360 and talk about xbox games at school. If I got an xbox360, I could better join in the conversation, and then invite people over to play xbox360 and wii. On the other hand, alot of my friends are thinking of getting Wiis anyway. I have $170 now and will have $500 by mid october (birthday money) Also, it will be my 17th birthday so I will finally be able to buy M games, which my parents won't let me buy >.> Once I am 17 I can buy them myself, and Xbox 360 has alot of good M games (havnt really played M games prevoisly)

I'm not sure what to get-

Xbox 360- $350

Halo 1 2 and 3- $65

Blue Dragon- $50

Oblivion- $50

Or-

Mario Strikers Charged- $50

Monkey Ball wii- $50

Mario Party 8- $50

Metroid Prime 3- $50

Nights Journey of Dreams- $50

Super Paper Mario- $50

Resident evil 4 wii- $50

Luminous Arc- $30

Zelda DS- $30

Lots of VC games- $90 (:D)

Do you guys think I should get a 360, or just stick with nintendo games? I kinda want to get lots of M games and play the same games as my freinds, but I have also always been a diehard nintendo fan (well, at least since age 3) and am sure that my freinds wouldn't mind coming voer and playing Wii games... its just that when they talk about Halo 3 at school, I'm going to be clueless, the same way ive been clueless about Oblivion for the last 12 months... (though all the xbox games mentioned I really do want, but same with all the nintedo games I mentioned, and I'm getting mario galaxy and ssbb for xmas no matter what)

What do you guys think I should buy?

Around the Network

Hard decision.

mM

Well I would get more DS games than Wii games right now probably. If all your friends have a 360 then you can just go leech off them. :P And then they have to come to you to play all the cool Wii games there. Either way I'd hold off on a 360 until the new chips are in to try and avoid the possible hassle of it dying. And make sure you get an HDMI premium since it's the same price anyway.

I would be buying the 360 in mid october, when the rest of the $500 arives. However, I have $170 I could spend now, today, and then spend the rest on my b-day, or I could wait untill my b-day, then spend it all on the xbox 360 stuff. The problem with leeching is I suck at all the 360 games (they are all M fps's really, which I'm not allowed to buy cuz im not 17 and my parents won't support my desicion)
I'm not sure what to do Oo

Wait till the big price drop on the 360, when it's under 199$ for a premium then I say jump all over it. Microsoft hasn't given us much of a look into what they are bringing out next year (yes I realize Nintendo is in the same boat but he has a Wii already). I should have posted my impressions of having a 360 for a weekend. I was going to purchase one last year before Christmas but the hardware failure rates spooked me away. I got to sit down with the system for 48 hours about a month ago.

As a guy who has played mostly Nintendo and Sony systems, the games that were most fun for me were on the Arcade. The online play felt really over hyped, it works nicely but the people in the games really ruined the experience for me. I kept running into some real mean people, ie: I'd spawn and a team mate in crackdown would kill me instantly on purpose over and over again just because he could. I'd attempt to run away but he was so powered up I couldn't get too far. In gears I had the exact same problem. I'd pop out around a corner and if someone on the team wanted my spot, they'd kill me. So this kinda stuff was very frustrating.

I'm surprised you didn't include more DS games, there's quite a few big games coming out for it this year as well.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

My vote is for the Xbox 360...

Darknight_DS- what other big games are coming out? The only other 2 I can think of are FFTA2 and Dragon Quest ds, but I thought those were coming out next year? What games are coming out this year other than the 2 I mentioned?
And you mentioned another price drop... do you think Microsoft will cut the price again by years end? :D

Also, I'm not planning to use Xbox 360's HD or online feautres. I'm ALL about the games ;)

Get wii games.

mM

When is the next xbox 360 price cut? Is it this year before Christmas? Or will it probably be next year?

Why would you ask this question in a Nintendo forum unless you already made your decision and just wanted to hear people validate it for you?