By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I buy an Xbox360 or tons of Wii, VC, and DS games?

andrewpeirce said:
When is the next xbox 360 price cut? Is it this year before Christmas? Or will it probably be next year?

Nobody can answer that question, and if they try, it would only be a guess..

There has been a rumor, that they will lower it again, when they have the Falcon (65nm) ready in the stores. But nobody know when that will be, and then again, it was only a rumor. 

Personaly i don't think they will lower it more in the US this year. It is more likely they will waite until spring next year to lower it $50 again. But of course it all depends on how the sale is going and if the others make a pricedrop or not.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Why would you ask this question in a Nintendo forum unless you already made your decision and just wanted to hear people validate it for you?

LOL i see it the sam way.

Well getting a system and a game simply because you're friends talk about them isn't a very good reason. Also you can get Halo 1 and Morrowind (Predecessor of Oblivion) on PC. They're both cheap, and personally I liked Morrowind better than Oblivion. Oblivion is far too restrictive, especially since it's a one player game. Spells, Enhancements, all greatly limited compared to the last one and the scaling system keeps you feeling weak throughout the entire game. Both are really cheap, and it'll give you at least a fundamental idea of eachs' gameplay, and whenever or not you'd be interested in there sequels.

I'm more inclined to buy a lot of games for systems you already own. I would make a few suggestions however, not sure what games you already own, so I'll just shoot. The Godfather: Blackhand Edition, recently got dropped to $30, perfect if you like GTA games, in fact the only GTA-eqse game I liked more would have been Vice City itself. Controls add a lot of sick pleasure to the experience.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion is excellent. It's like a dynamic twitch heavy puzzle game with anime overtones. I never played the DS version, Under the Knife, but I've told they're mostly the same game, so you can save a bit money of there. It also has a squeal coming out later this year for the Wii, Trauma Center: New Blood.

Excite Truck is my personal favorite Wii game. Loads of fun. If you wait it might get a price drop, all though I already think it's worth full price.
Ubisoft is also publishing Nitrobike later this year. A game made by the same team who made Excitebike 64. It seems to feature very similar gameplay to Excite Truck, and will feature online play.

You might also consider renting Madden. I normally don’t like sports games or football, but I loved Madden 07, and actually plan on buying Madden 08. Controls add a lot to the experience, and actually brought me back to when I played touch football after Karate.

On the upcoming port front, I’d check out Lego Star Wars. I’ve missed both games myself, despite a vested interest in both. This Christmas they’ll be the Complete Saga with includes both original Lego Star Wars and new Wii controls. You’ve also got Bully and Table Tennis from Rockstar.

On the more violent end of the spectrum you have No More Heroes and Manhunt 2. Hopefully one of which will get released this year. A reaction to Killer7, and a psychotic simulator with gruesome motion controlled executions.

You’ve also got Nintendo’s Big Three between now and the end of the year, and an online enabled Battalion Wars II and allegedly Wii Music is still on track for an 07 release.

From your current list, I’d make some further suggestions. I’d pass on Mario Party 8. I feel for a Party Game it just moves far too slow. You could consider WarioWare: Smooth Moves, or Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 later this year, which has a great focus on 4-player modes.

I haven’t played Monkey Ball, but I have seen some general disappointment from antidotal evidence. If you’re looking for a puzzle game, I’ve read Mercury Meltdown sounds like a challenging title, and $20 no less.

Another minor thing is I’d like to remind you that new 360 Games are $60USD, and Resident Evil 4 on the Wii is $30USD. Hope that’s at least somewhat helpful in your decision.

Buy a Dreamcast and lots of games to go with it.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Well, your wanting more M rated games, and it seems like your leaning X360, so I'd get an X360.

However, a note: Oblivion is getting the GOTY treatment in September - it should be $40 and include Shivering Isles.

Like others have said, I'd wait till October - the second price drop should of happened, and you'll save another $50. It's not a great idea to buy a system just because you have lots of friends that have an Xbox, but at the same time, you might enjoy playing some great games with them on co-op.

Also, Blue Dragon is $50 as he stated. Halo 1 + 2 + 3 might be a bit more, as Halo 1 + 2 is around $29 new at the moment (I think?)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

The Wii and DS games + Massive ammounts of VC games.

I currently have 21 VC games.

that is what I would do. Plus these are the wii and DS games I want this year.

DS  = 2007

Zelda:PH

Contra 4

Ninja Gaiden: DS

Brain Age 2

Planet Puzzle League

Bleach 

Wii = 2007

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Guitar Hero 3

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core 

Bleach 

Virtual Console Games = 2007

Metroid - NES

Super Metroid - Snes

+ whatever else comes 

我是广州人

I agree with DKII, play 360 at your friends' houses and have them come to yours to play Wii. If you want to play 360 by yourself to enjoy some great single-player experiences, or you want to play online with Xbox Live, buy one when the price drops again.

I would go for the Wii60 combo. You can mooch off your friends but then you will more than likely miss out on things like Bioshock. Also, don't bother with Halo 1, 2, and 3, just get Halo 3.

Unless you have a HDTV, i wouldnt rush into getting a 360, i know games still look great in SD, but they look so so much better in HD.

If you would really play the older VC games, then i think theres far more gameplay for your money there than anywhere else, especially with super metroid on the way. If you are 17 i would expect theres quite a few oldies that you have missed out on. Kirbys dreamcourse is a current favourite of ours.

I wouldnt get too over excited about M rated games either, i find most of them to be very over rated and the over use of swear words makes me cringe sometimes.

Id set aside some cash for mario galaxy, metroid prime 3 and a few DS games, Zelda etc and spent the rest on a keg of beer...or 2 :)

If you have never played Donkey Kong Jungle beat with the GC bongos, i would definetly recommend buying that, its one of my favourite games of all time and every person i ever show it to is amazed by it.

Another option is to buy 3 more wii remotes and get your 360 owning friends to come round to your house to play, they can bring a 360 along with them too...and pay for the pizza's :)

Legend11 said:
Why would you ask this question in a Nintendo forum unless you already made your decision and just wanted to hear people validate it for you?

I knew this would come up. I wasn't sure whether to put this in the xbox or nintendo forum, as both might be biased. I posted this on VG charts, as opposed to, say, nintendo.com because I hope that the good people of VG charts forums are unbiased.