By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 Out 2010 At The Earliest

Well looks like Kazunori Yamauchi (head of Polyphony) might have made a bit of a blunder. He was giving an interview where he was asked

As good as Prologue is, what can we expect in the full version of GT 5?
"To be honest, I haven't given a lot of thought to GT 5, so I don't have an answer. And it's too early to talk about GT 5 because we still have updates coming out for Prologue.

Is there an ETA on GT 5?
It won't be this year and nothing's scheduled for next. It may be out in 2010, but like I said, we haven't really discussed it yet.

http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_0811_gran_turismo_5/page1.html

So looks like the rumour about prologue being rushed out to just get a game out there to compete with the other consoles racing games could be true. The worrying thing is that Gran Turismo is the main franchise for Polyphony and if they havent given it any thought and nothing is scheduled for 2009 that basically could mean the game is in early development and could be even longer away. Could end up being late 2010 or even 2011.

Around the Network

well just go ahead and move one of the bigs back again... well not surprising I must say, but it hurts to have your main series take so long, though the later it comes out the betterit might sell with more consoles to sell to

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

My face went from like this -_- to O_o until finally v_v

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hyruken said:

Well looks like Kazunori Yamauchi (head of Polyphony) might have made a bit of a blunder. He was giving an interview where he was asked

"To be honest, I haven't given a lot of thought to GT 5, so I don't have an answer. And it's too early to talk about GT 5 because we still have updates coming out for Prologue.

Is there an ETA on GT 5?
It won't be this year and nothing's scheduled for next. It may be out in 2010, but like I said, we haven't really discussed it yet.

So looks like the rumour about prologue being rushed out to just get a game out there to compete with the other consoles racing games could be true. The worrying thing is that Gran Turismo is the main franchise for Polyphony and if they havent given it any thought and nothing is scheduled for 2009 that basically could mean the game is in early development and could be even longer away. Could end up being late 2010 or even 2011.

Hmm, you were going well untill that last bit...

One guy says it will be out in '09 (An earlier article, google it)

Another says it wont be out in 08, and isn't necassarily going to be out in '09

This would imply to me that it will be out late '09 or early '10, rather than your, uh... speculation

He said nothing is scheduled. That doesn't mean it's not coming out next year.

And I'm interested to know who made this interview. I'm sure Kotaku and EuroGamer would twist his words.

Maybe he made a blunder here. Or maybe this interview is from 2007.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Is this a new interview or just the old interview, that came before the "laugh at 2010 release"?

Oh yeah, thanks Kantor, I forgot to have a rant about that

Who doesn't put a date on articles they write?

@_@. I don't even have a PS3, and this makes me want to cry...

don't you guys click on the link??
it's from a magazine called import tuner
it's an article from last months magazine...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

scottie said:
Hyruken said:

Is there an ETA on GT 5?

Hmm, you were going well untill that last bit...

One guy says it will be out in '09 (An earlier article, google it)

Another says it wont be out in 08, and isn't necassarily going to be out in '09

This would imply to me that it will be out late '09 or early '10, rather than your, uh... speculation

What is wrong with my last bit? Rumours were Prologue was released waaaay ahead of schedule to compete with things such as Forza and Mario Kart. What this guy has said gives more evidence to make that rumour more credible. If you dont like those facts then that is not my fault is it....

As for the rest of your view you seem to miss everything he has said. Especially the bit saying "it wont be out this year and we have nothing scheduled for next year"....Normal people would take that to mean is isnt coming out next year seeing as most companies will know what they will be releasing in the next 12 months, the fact he says they are not thinking about GT5 would indicate that it is miles away.

The guy who said it was coming in 2009 was the head of Sony europe, obviously he is going to say stuff like that. Where as Kazunori Yamauchi is the guy making the game. You would think he would know how it is going wouldnt you?