By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Review builds of Killzone 2 heading out now...

Ronster316 said:
Staude said:
Ronster316 said:
Kantor said:
Ronster316 said:

It looks promising, will it be the 1st ever ps3 exclusive to reach 90 or above on metacritic?

I'm still confident i'll win my bet with kantor.

Because MGS4 and LBP don't exist...

And you're not going to win this bet. Enjoy your one month of profile picture and sig, and don't worry, I'll make it different from last time. I like bbsin's idea for the thread, though.

Oh, i apologise, i meant 1st FPS ps3 exclusive to score 90 or above.

Counting your chickens a little too early don't you think?

Resistance 2 was the best thing since sliced bread during the beta and we all know what happened there.

Yea it was released and turned out awesome :p

Yup, it got an awesome? 87% on metacritic and even got outscored by a game thats virtually got no single player or story mode whatsoever............  (Left 4 Dead 89%)

FPS game of the year 2008 with 89%................ Left 4 Dead.

Firstly, that was all the fanboy reviewers bringing the game down. A game of KZ2's scale (MSN did a preview, FFS) will get many more REAL reviews, pushing the metascore up. Look at Edge Magazine. 6/10 for R2?

Secondly, you'd be hard pressed to find ONE beta tester who preferred R2 to KZ2

Thirdly, Left 4 Dead is an awesome game, and I say this as a massive PS3 fanboy.

Fourthly, look at the unanimous approval from the previews.

Fifthly, and I say this in all honesty, Sony will likely moneyhat reviews if they are not good enough. Sony needs this game to succeed and will do whatever they can to do so.

By the way, Makingmusic and Starcraft have exactly the same bet as we do.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I could've SWORN I posted in this thread last night. Grr. I don't feel like looking up the links again.

Anywho...

@ronstar:

Resistance was "the greatest things since sliced bread" to some, but certainly not all. Many, such as myself, were left quite unsatisfied by the beta. I was playing the Killzone 2 beta at the time as well, and Killzone 2 is a much superior game. Even when I bought Resistance 2, I rushed through the singleplayer in three days only to return to the Killzone 2 beta.

Multiplayer is supposedly the shining star of Resistance 2, and the main reason it scored so well. Based on the multiplayer components alone, if Resistance deserved that 87 average, than Killzone 2 deserves at least a 92. Plus, Killzone 2 won't have a half-assed singleplayer like Resistance (and Call of Duty 4, among others). Based on what we've seen from previews and the like, the singleplayer seems to have been focused on more than the multiplayer by the developers, and it should be 10 hours of awesome.

I've got to say that this is most likely going to be a great game, but i'm just struggling to get excited for a FPS, even a great FPS, at this point. I will still pick it up eventually for what's sure to be a large online community.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka