By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Other Console Game this Gen Will match Crysis Graphics(56k)!

Killzone 2 looks better than mgs4, according to my friend so IDK..and no screens do MGS4 justice lol

mM
Around the Network

Judging by last pictures (and gameplay) shown of KZ2, I'd say they go neck to neck.

yah but if u want to play it at maximum setting u should have a super computer .. mine is i7 920, 6gb ram & gefrorce 260 gtx i play at 1680 x 1050 with Gamer settings but when i put the settings at maximum with 0xAA the game run at 15fps ?!! which kind of PC should we have to run this game at maximum ?

Don't care if Crysis is technically superior, I like the way MGS4 and Uncharted2 looks better. Going to tell me I'm wrong now???

4 ≈ One

The in-game one's don't look that good to me. To much AA, very flat with nice textures so it looks like fuzzy hi-def card board cut outs.

Still look good, just not that good. I usually like stylized stuff better that the pseudo realistic, so I am biased. Like Uncharted 2, Gears 2.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

You are right about one thing; no game this gen will look as good as Crysis running on a 1000 dollar computer. But my 1200 dollar computer from 3 years ago gets laughed at. Many critics do agree that MGS4 looks better.

I'll use the arguement Wii owners use on PS360 owners. Graphics don't mean its a good game. Crysis has great graphics but its an okay game

Still though MGS4 looks amazing, and its won best graphics on every site, crysis warhead came 2nd in those sites as well..

mM

Judging from the screenshots and the "not in game" videos online, Crysis looks much better than any console game.

But when I actually play it, it definitely looks worse than MGS4/GeoW2 because my 3gb ram/quad core PC can only run Crysis on medium with decent framerate. When I set it on high the game runs like a broken DVD yet the graphic is still only on par with the best console titles.

If you have a $3000+ PC and able to run it at max with steady 60fps, Crysis is absolutely better.

Right click > View image.

That's Crysis on my PC (the one in my sig), at around 30fps.

OP is right, technically there won't be a game on consoles this gen that surpasses Crysis. But, the technical aspect of graphics differs from the graphical style. Style is important too. I prefer Uncharted's style to Crysis, and I prefer Wind Waker's to Uncharted's.