By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid Preview - Downloadable only on the Wii!

i actually prefare the pulsing blue light..kinda feels like your birthday surprise...wouldnt be too much of a surprise if i knew what was comin hey ;)

sure would like it to flash more often though... :(

Around the Network

About time Nintendo did something like this!  I'm sure we can expect more of the same (and hopefully demos too) when SMG and SSB:B get closer to release.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Prime's single player was ALWAYS a gazillion times better than Halo 3's. The latter's single player experience & story is so mediocre and typical I wasn't bothered with it after the second chapter [Combat Evolved].

And Prime 3 seems to be the best Prime yet. It certainly doesn't look anything like Halo... which is a good thing.

EDIT: Did anyone notice the floating alien mass thing (alien ship?) floating in space at the end of the trailer? What was that?!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
tabsina said:
Androo said:
tabsina said:
Has anyone from Europe or Australia tried changing their region to USA? I would try it, but don't want to lose my 200 or so Wii points unless i'm sure i'll get a channel in return.

I tried, but it's no use. The is no 'United States' option in the 'Choose Country' option. If you have a PAL Wii you have to wait like I have to *cries*

PS: That's the best ever trailer I EVER so for a game. No comparison. I just screams "GET THE GAME OK?!?!"

That just keeps coming to bite me, and others such as yourself, in the arse

Dude I'm a PAL owner like you. Just typing that was a pain in the arse for myself as well.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

Ugh, from my perspective, this keeps getting worse and worse.

First, reports of less exploration, more action. Now, reports of more story-driven focus. Ugh, not my style at all. Even though Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm now quite unsure about this title.   

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Deep down, I agree with Bodhesatva. I'm still excited about Metroid...but this game could be like Hunters...and I'm worried about that. The eerie atmosphere and sense of loneliness...the new Galactic Federation soldiers and other bounty hunters change things up a bit...not sure if I like it...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Bodhesatva said:

Ugh, from my perspective, this keeps getting worse and worse.

First, reports of less exploration, more action. Now, reports of more story-driven focus. Ugh, not my style at all. Even though Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time, I'm now quite unsure about this title.   

Yeah, I agree.

Based on the videos, Prime 3 doesn't seem to give that "you're all alone on an alien planet" feel.  That's what I enjoyed most about the Metroid games, the exploration.  And what's up with "Iceman"?  Is he Samus's backup or something?  I hope not.  I don't want to see too many characters in the game. 

Oh don't go there yet you two....

Throughout the Prime series there have always been big battles in certain rooms or areas, this one trailer doesn't mean constant fighting. The "Bridge Battle" there was part of a boss fight so its not like that is going to happen in every room or anything, aside from that the devs have been saying they wanted to give players a sense that while samus isn't alone in the universe (like it felt before) she is alone on her missions. Some of the content is supposed to have outside interaction, but for the most part we should still be getting the same Metroid Prime feel we love.

Edit: Just wanted to point out that you don't spend all your time on one planet this time, so its entirely possible that the first planet (the Federation Planet) has friendlies, while the rest do not...since it is a federation planet it makes sense for them to be there.  They aren't just going to remove them if it makes no logical sense. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

Heh, I can imagine the conversation that happened 3 weeks ago...

Retro: Nintendo, *whine*, we put everything we had into this game... and you're totally ignoring it! Not a single commercial yet! :(

Nintendo: Heh, just wait... just wait

I'm totally hyped for this game now.
I was still going to buy it regardless. But this preview channel is really cool.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.