By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best nintendo Franchise/Series ever.?

supermariouniverse said:
It is a hard choice, but for me it would be Mario followed closely by Zelda and Metroid.

yeah, pretty much how i feel

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

I like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon all equally. I can't choose just one.

well, i'd say mario, zelda, metroid, mario kart, and smash bros. are the best. so,

NES: 2 amazing mario games, 1 decent mario game
1 amazing zelda games, 1 decent zelda game
1 amazing metroid game

SNES: 2 amazing mario games
1 amazing zelda game
1 amazing metroid games
1 amazing mario kart game

N64: 1 amazing mario game
2 amazing zelda games
1 good smash bros. game

GC: 1 great mario game
2 amazing zelda games (counting TP as gc since it was developed for gc)
1 amazing metroid game, 1 great metroid game
1 great mario kart game
1 amazing smash bros game

Wii: 1 amazing mario game
1 amazing metroid game
1 amazing smash bros game

these are just about the 5 best franchises (with 3 or more games) in gaming. which is best? i'm gonna say mario kart beats out ssb in multiplayer. zelda and mario games i think are slightly better than metroid games. however zelda's gameplay is starting to feel stale since it hasn't changed much since OoT. mario has kept variety in its games but the difficulty has taken a nose dive since going 3D which takes away some of the satisfaction of playing the game despite the platforming still being leagues better than any other game. so until the next mario and zelda games come out to see if they can change those two negatives, i'm gonna go with mario kart being the best franchise. every mk game is amazing and mk wii is the best version yet!

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

1. Metroid
2. Mario
3. Pokemon

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

This is very hard because they have done so many great games. Mario, Zelda and Metroid are perhaps the greatest series not only on Nintendo´s platforms but by any standard. I also love Mario Kart (which I definately consider a series of it´s own).

My favorite game of all time, SUPER METROID!
Favorite series (by a small margin) ZELDA

Best games in respective series for me:

Mario: SUPER MARIO GALAXY WII
Zelda: ZELDA- A LINK TO THE PAST SNES
Metroid: SUPER METROID SNES
Mario Kart: MARIO KART WII

Around the Network

Metroid > Zelda = Mario

memory2zack said:
Fire Emblem, Zelda, Mario in this order.

My thoughts exactly.

1. Zelda

2. Fire Emblem

3. Mario platformers (only like 2 mario platformers , but SMG is so damn good it makes it deserve this spot)

4. Super Smash Bros.

4. Pokemon

6.  Mario Kart

7. Kirby - I've only played 1 Kirby, but it is so awesome that I have to play the others, and guess they could end here).

8. International Superstar Soccer (3rd parties OK?)

9. Mario Tennis

10. Cannot decide. Kid Icarus?

These aren't necessarily some of my favourite games. The best Mario Platformer > the best Fire Emblem games by a long shot, but as there are so many more good Fire Emblem games than good Mario Platformers (really only SMG, NSMB was decent enough, the rest are mediocre). It is 7 vs 2 games, which makes it win.

Zelda would win solely on OoT though, the rest just add to the ownage.

SSB and Pokemon tie. I like SSB more now, but Pokemon still remains my most played franchise ever (over 750 hours! That's over 30 DAYS! I've played it one freaking month of game time.

Mario Kart is there because I have loved it for 3 generations in a row.

Kirby, I didn't start playing before a week ago, but it is a blast. It is in competition with Kid Icarus for the best 2D platformer ever. (Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland I believe). And there are so many Kirbies! I can't wait.

ISS, because of ISS 98. Today, it still remains the best football (soccer) game. A lot of strategy and such. Holds up in every aspect (except for graphics). Sound > today (commentaries rock, in my families they're classics.) Gameplay > today. Controls = today (save for PES 08). I played this game more during the GC era than any other console game save for Melee. 

Mario Tennis, because I loved it on N64, and really liked it on GCN. Can't wait for it on Wii!

Kid Icarus because it rocks, and it was by far the best NES game. Too bad there's only 2 games in the franchise.

Metroid comes pretty close, but no sigar (on the bright side, Metroid doesn't get cancer!)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Mario easily.

Zelda esaily.