By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Salt in a Wound. Lik-Sang

Everyone hates Sony for sueing Lik-Sang. Alot of people are boycotting Sony because of it. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/06/19/nintendo_wins_liksang_piracy_case/ http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2006/10/23/sony_defeats_lik-sang/ A company can only take so much abuse. Sony just beat them down over time. Boycott sony for sure!

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

The effect of the ruling on Lik-Sang is not clear, and probably won't be until final damages are decided - however, it's conceivable that this ruling could drive the popular importer out of business, given the size of damages already announced.
Funny stuff you find on the net.

{yawn} Have you got anything to do with your life? Like play PS3 or PSP? I thought you just picked up a PSP recently, shouldn't you be playing it non-stop?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said: {yawn} Have you got anything to do with your life? Like play PS3 or PSP? I thought you just picked up a PSP recently, shouldn't you be playing it non-stop?
Ever thought it's in my lap, and I'm working on getting the perfect compression ratio's for the PSP? And my PS3 controller is sitting beside my keyboard?

Sucks for Lik-Sang...although flash cards and linkers definitely didn't help Nintendo's business...it's understandable for them to sue. EDIT: They're definitely two different cases. Sony wasn't really losing money on PSP imports. Nintendo was just making a move against piracy. I mean, seriously, there aren't too many homebrew GBA games...flash cards were for commercial ROMS and you know it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: Sucks for Lik-Sang...although flash cards and linkers definitely didn't help Nintendo's business...it's understandable for them to sue.
Lik-Sang was selling the PSP's to Europe with basically no way for them to play any of the games. The idea for Europe was to Flash the PSP to one of the... upgraded... OS And then run your PSP games, NES, SNES, etc. Off the memory card. Not buy games from sony. An Japanese PSP in Europe is useless unless you understand Japanese. If they were being bought by the tens of thousands... That *is* a big problem. Because I doubt that many people can play the Japanese games... :P

Kwaad said: shams said: {yawn} Have you got anything to do with your life? Like play PS3 or PSP? I thought you just picked up a PSP recently, shouldn't you be playing it non-stop? Ever thought it's in my lap, and I'm working on getting the perfect compression ratio's for the PSP? And my PS3 controller is sitting beside my keyboard?
You know plenty of other people have figured this sort of thing out on other forums where you can troll. And why are you starting this now? Lik-sang and sony is old news, even if the rulings just came down.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: You know plenty of other people have figured this sort of thing out on other forums where you can troll. And why are you starting this now? Lik-sang and sony is old news, even if the rulings just came down.
ROFL you didnt notice. Click the top link you tard. :P

Kwaad said:ROFL you didnt notice. Click the top link you tard. :P
Oh, I saw that. Maybe you didn't see that it was published on the19th of June, 2003. Everyone knows about that case and how it almost brought down Lik-Sang. Suing because a company sells stuff used for piracy is pretty different than suing because of imports. Quite trying to make something out of nothing, you tard. :P

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said: Oh, I saw that. Maybe you didn't see that it was published on the19th of June, 2003. Everyone knows about that case and how it almost brought down Lik-Sang. Suing because a company sells stuff used for piracy is pretty different than suing because of imports. Quite trying to make something out of nothing, you tard. :P
Lik-Sang was selling the PSP's to Europe with basically no way for them to play any of the games. The idea for Europe was to Flash the PSP to one of the... upgraded... OS And then run your PSP games, NES, SNES, etc. Off the memory card. Not buy games from sony. An Japanese PSP in Europe is useless unless you understand Japanese. If they were being bought by the tens of thousands... That *is* a big problem. Because I doubt that many people can play the Japanese games... :P
Personally I would give sony more credit for sueing becuase of that than the nintendo thing. At least the DS cant play N64 games. You can play PS1, PSP... all by downloading them.