By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Salt in a Wound. Lik-Sang

vanguardian1 said: So essentially what you're saying is that any manufacturer has the right to stop others (whom have already bought and paid for the product) from re-selling their products in other regions? I'm sorry, I don't buy it.
Even though I feel like I am beating a dead horse here ;et me see if this can be explained in a simpler way. There is nothing that stops an individual fom selling thier PSP to anyone else in the world. But lik Sang is a company, an online retailer, the trading name of Pacific Game Technology Ltd. What they did was IP infringement. The UK courts saw fit to rule against them. Pretty much most forms of parallel importing is illegal. If you as individual desides to purchase 1000 japanese PSP's then sell them to europeans it will land you in a world of trouble. It's odd I understand because you have rights to use your property the way you see fit but when you decide to do something in bulk a judgement is passed bassed off of your intent. Like how it is not illegal to "backup" your movies or music but it becomes illegal (the actual act as well) once you start to sell the media.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

Thanks for putting up with me, I know I can be a bit thick, but I am trying to understand what you're saying, I'm not trying to poke and prod at you. I'm not familiar with the term "parallel importing", personally. *reads up on it* Hmm... sounds like there is no international rule against it, but that doesn't seem to stop certain countries from implementing them. Still the idea of this thing being illegal on any level leaves a foul taste in my mouth, though.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

what staticneuron said is basically what I meant. He just explained it alot better than I did. Basically you can own the right to import items. to mass import a item, is basically the same thing as breaking copyright. (that's a big nono in every country that I know of)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

vanguardian1 said: Hmm... sounds like there is no international rule against it, but that doesn't seem to stop certain countries from implementing them. Still the idea of this thing being illegal on any level leaves a foul taste in my mouth, though.
No problem. I think there are no laws against importing directly just those that produce conflict of interest. Because of the Levy's and taxes Sony has to pay to sell thier item in the UK thier price in the stores would be higher than that of online retailers that are selling imports. What I really imagine the issue is about..... is control. Control over pricing and availability. I cannot read all thier actions or understand them but Sony is a wiley company that likes to play games with the markets.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723