By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I broke a new RROD record!

So here is the deal. I won a Xbox 360 Elite through a raffle (I bought it to help a friend in need). I wasn`t even sure if I would keep it, considering the game library is not very good (at least for me). I got it on December 6 and decided to at least play some of the exclusives before selling it. I have played for long periods of time (6+ hours), but I have not played every day. I got 3RL on the second day, but it happened just once so I ignored it. Today, I haven`t touched the console all day. I turn it on and ... 3RL. I remeber the second day experience and try not to panic. Tur it on again and ... 3RL, only on the 6th try it turned green. I remember people saying that even though you can play after you got a RROD, you can break the console for good and I don`t want to take chances.

Now the problem is that I have to pay to get it fixed to even sell it. There is no MS support in my area (it is US console) and the concole is modded (not really my choice). 12 days, is this a new record?

Note: on the back of the console it says it was made on 12/03/2008.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Fail ?

Wow, this is the 2nd RROD thread ive seen in 5 minutes.

Wait a min...this doesn't make much sense...

Console made on 12/3/08. Between now in then:

- Console travels from manufacturing plant to warehouse

- Console travels from warehouse to retail store

- Someone buys it

- Someone has time to mod it

- Somehow this modded console becomes a raffle prize (used raffle prize?)

- Raffle tickets are distributed and raffle date is set

- The raffle is held and you win it

- You play it and get RRoD

now how the fuck does all that happen in 16 days?

How was it modded without your choice?

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

It's modded?

A mod should make an official RROD thread, there is too many of these threads appearing. Face the facts, there is a high chance that at least a third of all 360 owners on this will face the RROD, and it seems that every victim makes a thread about it ( and thats alot of threads )

I wonder how long this problem will go on for...

I mean one of my friends got a 360 Elite (against my advice) and it RRoD'd only after a month of use, not so good!

SMcc1887 said:
A mod should make an official RROD thread, there is too many of these threads appearing. Face the facts, there is a high chance that at least a third of all 360 owners on this will face the RROD, and it seems that every victim makes a thread about it ( and thats alot of threads )

A third? Where did you get that statistic . Back in 06?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

^Hold on a second there SMcc his console was modded, was he playing authentic original games or backups? What media did he choose to make backups for Verbatim discs or some no name brand? Crappier media will be harder to read thus making the console work harder and generate extra heat. Big example of this is PS2 lasers crapping out from modders not knowing Verbatim is almost the only safe media to use on it.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-