By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I think I broke a new RROD record!

ymeaga1n said:

Wait a min...this doesn't make much sense...

Console made on 12/3/08. Between now in then:

- Console travels from manufacturing plant to warehouse

- Console travels from warehouse to retail store

- Someone buys it

- Someone has time to mod it

- Somehow this modded console becomes a raffle prize (used raffle prize?)

- Raffle tickets are distributed and raffle date is set

- The raffle is held and you win it

- You play it and get RRoD

now how the fuck does all that happen in 16 days?

12th of march?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Give it back to your friend, so he can raffle it off again to make more money. o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Grahamhsu said:
^Hold on a second there SMcc his console was modded, was he playing authentic original games or backups? What media did he choose to make backups for Verbatim discs or some no name brand? Crappier media will be harder to read thus making the console work harder and generate extra heat. Big example of this is PS2 lasers crapping out from modders not knowing Verbatim is almost the only safe media to use on it.

Yes, i agree this is somewhat of an odd scenario, however I still feel an official RROD thread would be a good idea. I still like to read about people's RROD experiences, I just think it would be better reading them all in one thread.

jesus kung fu magic said:
SMcc1887 said:
A mod should make an official RROD thread, there is too many of these threads appearing. Face the facts, there is a high chance that at least a third of all 360 owners on this will face the RROD, and it seems that every victim makes a thread about it ( and thats alot of threads )

A third? Where did you get that statistic . Back in 06?

Well, maybe i'm wrong but 33.3% is the only figure ive ever heard.

Anyway, whatever the figure is, its obviously still an extraordinarily high failure rate figure so that still leads to lots of RROD threads.

kirby007 said:
ymeaga1n said:

Wait a min...this doesn't make much sense...

Console made on 12/3/08. Between now in then:

- Console travels from manufacturing plant to warehouse

- Console travels from warehouse to retail store

- Someone buys it

- Someone has time to mod it

- Somehow this modded console becomes a raffle prize (used raffle prize?)

- Raffle tickets are distributed and raffle date is set

- The raffle is held and you win it

- You play it and get RRoD

now how the fuck does all that happen in 16 days?

12th of march?

Exactly... it's mostly just Americans that use the month first method of dates. Most of the world puts them in size order (dd/mm/yy)

Around the Network
SMcc1887 said:
Grahamhsu said:
^Hold on a second there SMcc his console was modded, was he playing authentic original games or backups? What media did he choose to make backups for Verbatim discs or some no name brand? Crappier media will be harder to read thus making the console work harder and generate extra heat. Big example of this is PS2 lasers crapping out from modders not knowing Verbatim is almost the only safe media to use on it.

Yes, i agree this is somewhat of an odd scenario, however I still feel an official RROD thread would be a good idea. I still like to read about people's RROD experiences, I just think it would be better reading them all in one thread.

Looked like someone already jumped on it.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53673

My thoughts on Official threads, I'm not too fond of them. It's hard to wade through all the crap and get to anything good to read. Repling to people and reading replies to you can get lost.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

You deserve it for playing a modded Xbox. Dumbass.

SMcc1887 said:
SMcc1887 said:
A mod should make an official RROD thread, there is too many of these threads appearing. Face the facts, there is a high chance that at least a third of all 360 owners on this will face the RROD, and it seems that every victim makes a thread about it ( and thats alot of threads )

Anyway, whatever the figure is, its obviously still an extraordinarily failure rate figure so that still leads to lots of RROD threads.

If you wanted to see amount of RRODs daily you can go here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148060

The 33.3 percent failure was the 06 statistics and the Falcon rates are significantly lower I'm guessing around ~10% and the Jasper chip pretty much gives it the same failure rate as any console besides Nintendo consoles that are made with adamantium steel...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

pbroy said:
SMcc1887 said:
Grahamhsu said:

Looked like someone already jumped on it.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53673

Cool. Go Toastboy XD

Grahamhsu said:
SMcc1887 said:
SMcc1887 said:

Anyway, whatever the figure is, its obviously still an extraordinarily failure rate figure so that still leads to lots of RROD threads.

If you wanted to see amount of RRODs daily you can go here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148060

The 33.3 percent failure was the 06 statistics and the Falcon rates are significantly lower I'm guessing around ~10% and the Jasper chip pretty much gives it the same failure rate as any console besides Nintendo consoles that are made with adamantium steel...

Well, nice to see the jasper chip is reducing the risk however 10% is still extremely high compared to the PS3 (well below 1%) and Nintendo consoles ( Has any Nintendo console ever broke?)