By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The reason LBP fails...

Asmo said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

I thought the whole point of LBP was for users to work for weeks for eachother and not get paid.

Not only, but still why the hell should the devs just abandon the game to the community only. It will surely die if they do that.

should have said "the difference is you are doing a hobby that you enjoy and dont get paid for it the developers are at their career and income making job."

Around the Network

Why do people hate on this game every chance they get? Big deal you don't have your user made MGS levels (although there are still plenty on there). You still have over 150K levels to play.

You also can not make the music, costumes, paintgun, etc... which are also contained in the pack. For $5.99 it actually isn't bad at all.

The game still gives you more freedom than pretty much any other game out there, even after picking it apart for whatever it is getting picked apart for.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

KylieDog said:

No, they didn't.  They still delete them.   Is this the best defence you have?  An outright lie?

http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/article/lbp_1.06_patch_now_live

Any moderated level can now be accessed for editing by the creator, whether online or offline

KylieDog said:
Asmo said:
KylieDog said:

...because plenty of users have created MGS themed levels, paradying MGS and providing a lot of what this contains, for free. Until it was deleted.

Sony gave back those levels some time ago.

No, they didn't.  They still delete them.   Is this the best defence you have?  An outright lie?

Somehow I still have a metal gear sackboy 1.7 (or something like that) in my "hearted levels" ...

And seems a rather good dlc though.

If this is the reason LBP fails, then I wonder how "fail" GoW2 is, since it charges 8.99 dollars for 3 maps ...

more content, more material to use > 3 maps for more money

If you couldn't make that level yourself in LBP, you wouldn't be complaining? :-/

Besides, not a different scenario if (like I said, and you ignored) I can still play that hearted level "metal gear sackboy"...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Can users create those maps themselves? Are user created maps deleted?

Completely different scenario and you know it. Weak argument.

You cannot create new costumes, new stickers with this quality and you cannot create a proper paint gun so your argument fails too.

I don't have a clue what's going on with LBP.
Are you saying they are deleting user's contents and sell those same content to other users?

that level has been there ever since I bought my PS3 some three weeks ago.

It doesn't take THAT long for a level to get deleted, especially with the search possibilities that MM probably has, and especially not because that level is one of the most popular and most hearted levels around ...

Galaki said:
Are you saying they are deleting user's contents and sell those same content to other users?

Nah he is saying that some people created an MGS theme based level and the had it deleted because it's copyright violation. So this person is very unhappy because they are proposing something far batter than most of the shitty MGS levels but they make you pay for it.

Galaki said:

No. They're deleting the crappy attempts at creating levels that resemble popular games/movies which violate copyright laws and offering DLC that gives users the tools to make them properly and legally for a price.