By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This is gonna be huge

endimion said:
saying halo 3 will bomb it's like saying star wars phantom manace would have bombed..... you are dreaming... even if it was a HD version of halo 2 it wouldn't bomb....better even if they had said it would be halo 2 hd it wouldn't bomb either.... do I have to bet my body parts on that also ??? :))))))))))))

Even if its graphics were worse than halo 1 it still wont bomb, the name sells. Even if it gets a 7/10 rating it STILL wont bomb. The halo 3 360 is going to boost 360 sales that I garuntee I will change my predictions next week.

mM
Around the Network

lol it's not even close to have begin yet steve.... prepare yourself for a long long long over exposition lol.... you are about to get burned to the 3rd degree with Halo UV3 rays lol

the question I have is why a halo fan would have bought the XBox 360 already ??? if it's really just halo they want it would be stupid to buy it a year and a half before..... and I know for a fact that prediction of halo not pushing the console is wrong.... but we'll see ;)

AAA more or less means high budget and highly anticipated. Typically AAA games receive high reviews simply because so much effort gets put into them, but trying to assign a specific rating to a certain number of As is just retarded.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

ssj12 said:

@sharky - Sony has a weak line-up? they have two of the best multiplayer games available coming out this year plus their own "gears of war level" game. Warhawk, Unreal Tournament 3, and Uncharted Drakes Fortune are more then enough to top Microsoft's line-up. Adding in Ratchet & Clank, the PSN games, and the other great titles like Heavenly Sword and Lair the only console that Sony is going to have trouble competeing with is Nintendo's.

None of those titles are going to psuh systems. They will sell to people who already own the console. they don't have anything to push thier system.

Smashchu said:

ssj12 said:

@sharky - Sony has a weak line-up? they have two of the best multiplayer games available coming out this year plus their own "gears of war level" game. Warhawk, Unreal Tournament 3, and Uncharted Drakes Fortune are more then enough to top Microsoft's line-up. Adding in Ratchet & Clank, the PSN games, and the other great titles like Heavenly Sword and Lair the only console that Sony is going to have trouble competeing with is Nintendo's.

None of those titles are going to psuh systems. They will sell to people who already own the console. they don't have anything to push thier system.

there has to be new titles in order to push a console so why wont these titles push the system? explain yourself. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

hum my guess even me who spend several hours a day reading about video games I don't know a lot about most of those game... So I imagine a common customer doesn't either.... except UT but it's more a PC target kind game.. IMO, but it's the same for every console... ME and BS are in the same situation, but I think they have a lot more hype, buzz and advertising coverage etc than the PS one..... that's what makes them more of system seller than PS3 line up games...
now MGS 4, GT 5, tekken, FF that shit is famous all over the world... and the people who don't pay attention about consoles... might get interested around those release because it's going to be over exposed.... KZ 2 probably too.... but what you named I don't think are system seller... what ever the quality of the game (i'm not arguing that).... but those games won't be top of mind games this holiday.....
that's my vision of course...

ssj12 said:
Smashchu said:

ssj12 said:

there has to be new titles in order to push a console so why wont these titles push the system? explain yourself. 

Sure UT3 is a PC dominated game. The vast majority of sales will occur there. Uncharted lacks the big name appeal, and as such will just simply not be the first thing that comes to a gamers mind. I mean if I say popular xbox game, you will probably think halo. If I say PSX spy game, you will probably think MGS. If I say PSX racing series - GT. Names are important because consumers are lazy, and will stick with what they know. As a result, new series rarely sell very well, and are practically always outside by later sequels.

Warhawk suffers from a lack of big name as well. There hasn't been nearly the amount of press that even a game like Bioshock or Mass Effect has received. The same goes for Ratchet and Clank. Its a popular game in its own right, but just doesn't have the 'less hardcore but not casual' gamer appeal.

As for PSN or other downloadable games, these will basically never be system sellers. They can be a kicker if there is already a fair amount of interest, but they really are not things that people will specifically buy a console for.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

Steve 3.2 said:
I'm sick of hearing about Halo 3 already...

well, your gonna keep hearing and hearing more about until you can't take it anymore.

And, why hasn't the Halo 3 getting 1 mil pre-orders in NA have a news story??? Its definetly news worthy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

ssj12 said:
Smashchu said:

ssj12 said:

Becuase those titles will sell to people who already own the system. A lot of those titles have lots of hype arounf them, but this is only in the hardcore sect, and will probobly go unignorred by the masses.

Normally, it would be a fine line up, but since Nintendo and Microsoft have their big gun, this is a pretty sorry display. It doesn't come close to how string theese titles are.

leo-j said:
Dolla Dolla said:
leo-j said:
Halo 3, they better not make a parade that costs millions of dollars and throw money in the air..if it sucks 360 is screwed its the only AAAA title they have.

That would make Halo 3 the only AAAA title in existence

And, please, if you think Halo is the only AAA the 360 has, you're pretty blind.

4 x A

Not AAA, microsoft says its a quadriple A title and I take there word for it/sarcasm

This reminds me of Sony saying PS3 = 4D gaming and I take there word for it/sarcasm