By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony:We can't survive without more layoofs,demand will be low for long time

okay,.. so hypothetical situation: sony goes bankrupt.

What would happen to things like the ps3, blu ray format, sony pictures, ect?

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

Blu-ray would live on through Sony's partners from the Blu-ray Disc Association.

I don't know about the PS3 and all the other stuff Sony has their hands on...

kitler53 said:

That would be a very sad day indeed.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kitler53 said:

Depends on what kind of bankruptcy. Sometimes they have to sell everything to the highest bidder and the company is over, other times (when it's not as severe) the company can restructure, sell some stuff away and emerge as a smaller (but hopefully more viable) company.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

guys, this is just a major company restructuring to fit the current climate. Sony will likely downsize slightly, but the wont die XD

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

The gaming division would be picked for its most immediately profitable assets.  Sony's studios might get purchased, the PS2 would probably get purchased.  The PSP may get purchased.

The PS3 would be left to die because it has no hope for profitability unless you are willing to risk a lot.  And then it is less likely to profit than sure-profits like the PS2.

I think a lot of people underestimate the severity of Sony's position.  It could very well be in serious trouble in a year if the economy doesn't turn around by then.

When glancing at Sony's balance sheet, be sure to take note that the numbers are often listed in Yen (or millions of Yen).

lol, an average report about a company restructuring due to a Global recession and everyone starts saying that the company is finished...................no, its natural.

SMcc1887 said:
lol, an average report about a company restructuring due to a Global recession and everyone starts saying that the company is finished...................no, its natural.

Don't be a drama queen. No one said the company is finished.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

SMcc1887 said:

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

NJ5 said:
SMcc1887 said:

Don't be a drama queen. No one said the company is finished.

Me.......The drama Queen? People here are talking about what would happen to Blu-Ray, PS3 etc if Sony died, and they are saying these things because they believe that there is a high chance of Sony finishing. What were you expecting to hear from Sony?