By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony:We can't survive without more layoofs,demand will be low for long time

dib8rman said:
@mesoteto

How will Sony do what the "Big N" did (Nintendo)?

Nintendo never lost profitabilty, just mind share and market size.

And fans.

Around the Network

@Sepiroth357

I believe I can argue your post because you quoted me, which I have a right to disapprove of comments in which I'm quoted by saying; I don't like being parroted.

Can you please go squawk for someone else?

For your information, mindshare and market share are representative of that small niche group of fanatics, I assure you if that group of fanatics were of utmost importance I would of pointed them out, but they are only part of the pie.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

FishyJoe said:
colonelstubbs said:
As i said in the other thread, have nintendo reported any layoffs, or have i just missed these stories?

Nintendo only has 3700 employees. Sony has 180,000.

In addition, Nintendo has one of the highest profit per employee ratios in the world of all companies not just video games companies.

Not only that, but Nintendo only operates in the gaming market.  Luckily for them, the gaming market is not being hit yet, and i stress yet.  The worst of the downturn has yet to happen.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I wish Sony had Enron's accountants. That way we'd know that their future was secure.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
I wish Sony had Enron's accountants. That way we'd know that their future was secure.

That's harsh, lol.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

16,000 jobs lost and counting....Sony is hurting BADLY!

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Squilliam said:

Lol that is harsh even if you do not like Sony. lol