By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Legend11 said:

Site

Xbox 360PS3Wii
Game Vortex-1.6%-2.3%3.7

I changed the numbers to fit the analysis that HS did; the average difference for one system minus the average difference for all systems.  I only did Game Vortex, but that one clearly shows that it is biased in favor of thr Wii. 

Around the Network
Desroko said:
Legend11 said:

Site

Xbox 360PS3Wii
Game Vortex-1.6%-2.3%3.7

I changed the numbers to fit the analysis that HS did; the average difference for one system minus the average difference for all systems.  I only did Game Vortex, but that one clearly shows that it is biased in favor of thr Wii. 

Yeah, it is. Too bad there aren't more major sites biased towards Wii  

WTFK?! I have that game and it definatly doesnt deserve anything close to a 9 a 7 would do.

mM
Legend11 said:

Site

Xbox 360PS3Wii
PGNx Media2.1%2.8%

5.5%

Gaming Trend

0.4%

2.9%

3.5%

Your  My Gaming Trend data was incorrect. Fixed.

I think there's a lot of truth to that reviewers (especially ones who's been doing it for so long) are looking for games that are not casual/mass market games like the ones on the wii.

The high profile movie critics are the same, they always pan mass market movies like action/adventure/summer flicks and give high scores to small arty movies that they like.

But dang, 1up really does hate the wii.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Well that's ridiculous Legend.  You found 3 sites who's scores were all grossly off-balance, vs HS's original post which was about the major reviewers in the game industry. 

It's not ridiculous at all... If we start removing these minor sites I mentioned with very dubious scoring it would slowly begin to lower the site's average for Wii games and bring the sites HappySquirrel mentioned more in line with the Gameranking's Site average for the Wii.

For example lets look at Game Vortex:

GameScoreGameRanking's Avg
Avatar: The Last Airbender95%63.7%
Call of Duty 396%69.2%
Kororinpa: Marble Mania98%71.1%
Metal Slug Anthlogy95%73.7%
Spider-Man 380%56.9%
Surf's Up85%67.5%
SSX Blur95%74.1%

Can they be trusted as a review site?

So... wait... If i'm reading this right... the official playstation magazine is actually way too hard on it's own games?

We can not really expect much from 1up. Look at this asshole blog:

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5519593&pager.offset=0

Half of his posts are about how much Nintendo sucks. No one could really expect fair reviews from a site where they have guys like him. Try reading "The two worst console launches ever" and "How to develop for the Nintendo Wii" (the worst crap I have ever read). Try to read it and not puke.

The appeal of Wii Sports doesn't extend too far beyond drinking games at a friends' house

The DS's success is due to Nintendo's consistent dominance in the handheld sphere, not because of its inclusion of the touch screen. New Super Mario Bros. isn't successful because it has two screens -- it's successful because it's a new Mario game. It's not innovative, it doesn't make you say "wow" at its unique incorporation of the DS's added functionality -- it's a new Mario game (and one that is wildly inferior to Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World.

it might sound like work, but people sit around and slobber all over Phoenix Wright and that game is little more than a 30-hour Encyclopedia Brown book without a back section to flip to and see the ending.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Legend11 said:
naznatips said:
Well that's ridiculous Legend. You found 3 sites who's scores were all grossly off-balance, vs HS's original post which was about the major reviewers in the game industry.

It's not ridiculous at all... If we start removing these minor sites I mentioned with very dubious scoring it would slowly begin to lower the site's average for Wii games and bring the sites HappySquirrel mentioned more in line with the Gameranking's Site average for the Wii.

For example lets look at Game Vortex:

Call of Duty 396%69.2%
Spider-Man 380%56.9%
Surf's Up85%67.5%
SSX Blur95%74.1%

They still can't be trusted...but I'm sure there's plenty of crappy sites that do the same for 360 and PS3...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Legend11 said:

Call of Duty 396%69.2%
Spider-Man 380%56.9%
Surf's Up85%67.5%
SSX Blur95%74.1%

I had to look at their main page for like 2 seconds to know I couldn't trust them.