By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ceres said:
Was 1Up the site Sony fanboys were trying to say was biased against the PS3 a few days ago? Funny that they're pretty much spot on for the average. I guess that means most sites are biased against it.

Yeah.

It was also the site they claimed "was fair" to the Wii.

All the more reason to treat most reviews with a grain of sand, and wait until a few of them hit gamerankings for a fairer overall view.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

IGN is about the only review site I ever read, good to see they're not biased. Nice list btw.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Wow, I always thought Gamespot was Microsoft-biased, not Sony-biased.

For IGN I thought it was Sony-biased.

It's interesting that of the mentioned sites/mags, only one is above-average on Wii games.

I think a lot more research needs to be done before concluding those sites are biased against the Wii.  I mean if they're all negative which sites are on the opposite end of the spectrum and are they throwing the Wii numbers out?

I looked at some more sites and found:

Site

Xbox 360PS3Wii
Game Vortex9.6%8.9%14.9%
PGNx Media11.1%11.8%

14.5%

Gaming Trend

5.5%

8.0%

8.6%

How did I pick those 3?  I decided to look at a Spider-Man 3 (Wii) and see if anyone gave it high marks.  PGNx Media gave it a 85%, Game Vortex gave it a 80%, and GamingTrend gave it a 83%.  Now the ones in the original list that seem biased against the Wii gave it scores in the 40-60% range (except 1up which did give it a pretty bad 35%).  So does that mean that these sites I listed are biased for the Wii or the other sites are biased against the Wii?

They're also way off the mark for 360 and PS3 as well...they're more biased towards Wii perhaps....but I've never even heard of those 3 sites anyway...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yeah, I really never paid much attention to IGN except for news stories. I would read their reviews occasionally, but they would always be the 2nd or 3rd review I read at best. I think I'll give them some more support now and start paying more attention to reviews. Gamespy seems to be the "emos" of game reviews lol. They hate everyone.

Legend11 said:
So does that mean that these sites I listed are biased for the Wii or the other sites are biased against the Wii?

Well the one PGNx Media (horrible site BTW, poorly designed) gave the PS3 version a 95, and according to GR the average for this one is 65. So I think they are biased... towards everything.

95??

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well that's ridiculous Legend.  You found 3 sites who's scores were all grossly off-balance, vs HS's original post which was about the major reviewers in the game industry. 

BenKenobi88 said:
95??

Yep.

http://www.pgnx.net/reviews.php?page=full&id=13877