By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu White Knight Chronicle score (29/40)

Vil3 said:
Time for level-5 to skip PS3...first lair and then this + they have bad economy atm... not a good situation...

Don't you mean Factor-5?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Vil3 said:
Time for level-5 to skip PS3...first lair and then this + they have bad economy atm... not a good situation...

You probably saw Darc's facepalm so i'm gonna answer this one...

Level-5 and Factor-5 are not the same:

Level-5 is a Japanese company that developed Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, Jeanne D' Arc, Dragon Quest IX and White Knight Chronicles, also, they own, develop and publish the Professor Layton series, Inazuma Eleven series, and they're in the process of more projects, one of them with Studio Ghibli (And they probably will develop DQ10)...

Factor-5 is a Western company better known for the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Games, the Turrican series, Contra for Gameboy, some Indiana Jones titles, and Lair...

makingmusic476 said:
The gist of the review from gaf:

--lots of optional content
--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
--is basically like every other Level 5 RPG.
--Online has chat issues and a reviewer "hopes it will be patched in the future"
-- 30 hours to complete

What do they mean "is basically like every other Level 5 RPG"? Do they mean awesome gameplay but underwhelming story and characters?

Mirson said:
makingmusic476 said:

--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
--Online has chat issues and a reviewer "hopes it will be patched in the future"
-- 30 hours to complete

What do they mean "is basically like every other Level 5 RPG"? Do they mean awesome gameplay but underwhelming story and characters?

Shouldn´t it be the contrary?

Mirson said:
makingmusic476 said:

--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
-- 30 hours to complete

I was actually wondering if the last point was with completing the first point.....

Around the Network
memory2zack said:
Mirson said:
makingmusic476 said:

--big boss battles
--simplistic combat
--customizable combos
-- 30 hours to complete

Shouldn´t it be the contrary?

WKC's story is probably underwhelming.  Level 5 were improving their stories with Jeanne d'Arc and Professor Layton yet their BIG game's story is weak in comparison.  Why is it that the more niche JRPG have better stories than a lot of the mainstream ones?

29/40 is a terrible score for a Japanese high-profile game in Famitsu.

The only conclusion I can draw is that it's flawed, or just plain stinks, like Last Remnat.

BTW, what score got Lost Odessey, Last Remnat, Tales ov Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery from Famitsu?

I believe White Knigthe Cronicles will have trouble to even reach 500,000 copies. 550,000 copies tops.

Slimebeast said:
29/40 is a terrible score for a Japanese high-profile game in Famitsu.

The only conclusion I can draw is that it's flawed, or just plain stinks, like Last Remnat.

BTW, what score got Lost Odessey, Last Remnat, Tales ov Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery from Famitsu?

I believe White Knigthe Cronicles will have trouble to even reach 500,000 copies. 550,000 copies tops.

Last remnant gotten 38/40 from famitsu, and we know how it was reviewed in here.

Haze got.. what..? 34?

This shows just how credible famitsu are.

Yeah with other words saying... WKC will get "worse" scores here.. how many times do I have to repeat that Famitsu gives higher scores to games than we do??

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo