By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu White Knight Chronicle score (29/40)

ssj12 said:
here is the problem, there is zero hype in Japan for the game. Famitsu's scores seem to vary based on the amount of hype a game has around it.

Not entirely true. Fam have given many games very high scores with no hype. Blue Dragon got high scores if i recall and had practically no advertising. That still didn't stop it selling ok in Japan!

I have been watching WKC for a longtime. Mainly because it is the current game being championed by the PS3 crowd and it is hard not to notice it. But i just don't get why they think it is this all amazing game. The graphics look crap, the fighting looks really crap and dated and the sound is shit. The only thing i have liked from everything i have seen is the CGI videos but that is to be expected. One thing is for sure if Fam gave it a 70% score we can expect it to get anything from 40% to 70% here. I wonder if those championing it still feel confident this game will be the spark for PS3 sales or is it now down to just KillZone 2?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
@ fernando - its been pretty well known (and admitted by fam) that fam scores on hype

That is the bad thing, if they score the game based on hype then in Japan dont exist hype for the game.

MikeB said:
That's a big disappointment, the PS3 needed a good JRPG this year. It looked really promising...

Final Fantasy XIII is now even more important for the PS3 than it already was.

Why do you care so much. I am sure by now that you own a PS3. The trends for this generation are pretty much set. Even if FF XIII were to spark sales of the PS3 it would be after its third year on the market and the 360s 5th year. With the development time it wouldn't spur rapid growth in 3rd party games.

You should just enjoy the console now knowing that you will get games that you will like some that will surprise others that will be dissappointing and not worry about how the FF XIII is important to the PS3...hint one game is not going to change this gen.

Shouldn't it just be that you hope that FF XIII is going to be great?

OT:This is an alright rating it means that if you like JRPGs you should give it a whilr you might enjoy but that the game also has some flaws/annoyances. I don't buy that it was just voicechat in the online section of the game if it was only frilly extras and the rest of the game was steller you would be looking at a 32-36 score. It probably is a good game that is enjoyable with poorly though out extras that should of been omitted.

@Redspear - finally someone that talks sense. I agree with your post 100% including the WKC comment.

A video of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd-BacgmLR4
....... I'm sorry this don't look like the videos showed on Gametrailers looks like youraverage MMO

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
here is the problem, there is zero hype in Japan for the game. Famitsu's scores seem to vary based on the amount of hype a game has around it.

ya that is why they gave 428 and Nintendogs a 40 right?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Hyruken said:
ssj12 said:

Not entirely true. Fam have given many games very high scores with no hype. Blue Dragon got high scores if i recall and had practically no advertising. That still didn't stop it selling ok in Japan!

I have been watching WKC for a longtime. Mainly because it is the current game being championed by the PS3 crowd and it is hard not to notice it. But i just don't get why they think it is this all amazing game. The graphics look crap, the fighting looks really crap and dated and the sound is shit. The only thing i have liked from everything i have seen is the CGI videos but that is to be expected. One thing is for sure if Fam gave it a 70% score we can expect it to get anything from 40% to 70% here. I wonder if those championing it still feel confident this game will be the spark for PS3 sales or is it now down to just KillZone 2?

Blue Dragon had a ton of hype when it was released in Japan and had a lot of marketing as well.  WKC probably isn't even that bad.  Maybe the game just suffers from the "been there done that" syndrome.

Meh, I would wait for more reviews to come out. Who knows it might sell well while having lower than average reviews or be a mediocre game after all. But don't let one review change your mind about a game(Unless it is THAT bad)

Xen said:
Haze got.. what..? 34?

This shows just how credible famitsu are.

Agree 100% Xen, I'll wait for IGN reviews.

Btw your avatar is a guy from my fave anime right now lol.

Hyruken said:
ssj12 said:

Uh...Blue Dragon had tons of hype prior to release.  You got the creator of Final Fantasy Sakaguchi at the helm, renouned VG composer Nobuo Uematsu, and probably the most famous manga artist around Akira Toriyama doing the character design.  Plus TWO serialized manga and a full-length 51-ep anime series (and a subsequent 2nd season which is currently airing).  It doesn't get much more hype and marketing than that.  WKC doesn't have nearly that kind of hype or marketing.