By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu White Knight Chronicle score (29/40)

ouch, i still will get this game whenever it comes state side.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Going by early Japanese reviews of the game. This game will get 5's and 6's from Western reviewers and more than likely get around high 50's or low 60's as an average review score. This will have a detrimental impact upon sales of the game.

DeotoxSlayer said:
mrstickball said:
It's the same (or 1 point above) Infinite Undiscovery.

I doubt they're gonna be too far off vs. what the game actually is...Famitsu hasn't been too bad as of late (calling IU a turd. Saying TLR was pretty good).

Yea, cause we all know that 38/40 is what you give a "Pretty Good" Game

I don't trust Famituse at all. I've never really trusted them. I mean they basically admitted to scoring based on the Hype for the game.

Yeah...to put that in perspective, they gave TLR a 95.  Do you honestly think that TLR deserves an "A" score Stick?

They do indeed score based on hype, whether they give a game a good score or bad, it's always good to remember that Famitsu is not trusted by much of anyone.  Just wait for reviews over here, if it's a "C" game it's a "C" game, oh well I'll still probably have a decent time with it, but don't base anything off of Famitsu.

Numonex?  You want to make a quick bet on the Metacritic average?

mrstickball said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
mrstickball said:

I doubt they're gonna be too far off vs. what the game actually is...Famitsu hasn't been too bad as of late (calling IU a turd. Saying TLR was pretty good).

I don't trust Famituse at all. I've never really trusted them. I mean they basically admitted to scoring based on the Hype for the game.

But I thought that WKC was going to be the Playstation 3's crown gem of the 2nd half of the year? Every Sony fanboy on these forums has been hyping the game to all feasable heights...Said it was going to do great. So I'd think that it had some hype behind it.

Or are we playing SDF revisionist history? IU was hotly anticipated too.

And VGChartz is an accurate sample of how the Hype is in Japan???

they gave TLR a 38/40 that's 95% theres no way in hell the game deserved it. Famitsu is not a credible source for reviews in any way shape or form.

mrstickball said:
DeotoxSlayer said:
mrstickball said:

But I thought that WKC was going to be the Playstation 3's crown gem of the 2nd half of the year? Every Sony fanboy on these forums has been hyping the game to all feasable heights...Said it was going to do great. So I'd think that it had some hype behind it.

Or are we playing SDF revisionist history? IU was hotly anticipated too.

Well, at least if the 360 has shown us anything, review scores mean very little when it comes to selling RPGs in Japan. Not that I'm adamantly trying to defend the PS3, but even a quick glance at Famitsu's review scores would show that they mean pretty much nothing. Seriously, The Last Remnant scores higher than Tales of Vesperia? More hyped, maybe (and that's likely the reason for the higher score).

The score definitely is a bad sign, but Famitsu's scores are so random that we should probably wait for more to come before completely passing judgment.

Around the Network

That is a poor review.

I read them and here are what they say.

First guy: The White Knight Keren and the enemy Boss' powers are good. The offline play is well balanced and can be played without having to strain oneself, but there are several little annoying aspects of the game play. The online play where you can talk and adventure with a friends in realtime could use an auto battle and auto run system. Its difficult to chat while running around or fighting.

score 7

Second guy: Being able to make your own combos, change your AC, and developing individual skills through battle is fun. The large enemies in the game are amazingly powerful. The online chat is difficult to do but they set up the online like a social networking site (SNS) and there seems to be the possibility for large network communication.

score 8

So their gripe is the fact you have to use a keyboard... seems like a great game then since i dont care about that (l at the negativity. It's well known fam grades on hype. and before you even knew what their issue was you were blowing it outta porportion)

@KichiVerde

Are those the actual Famitsu reviewers that gave those scores out? If so, there clearly are no faults in the game. So why such the low scores?

KichiVerde said:
That is a poor review.

I read them and here are what they say.

First guy: The White Knight Keren and the enemy Boss' powers are good. The offline play is well balanced and can be played without having to strain oneself, but there are several little annoying aspects of the game play. The online play where you can talk and adventure with a friends in realtime could use an auto battle and auto run system. Its difficult to chat while running around or fighting.

score 7

Second guy: Being able to make your own combos, change your AC, and developing individual skills through battle is fun. The large enemies in the game are amazingly powerful. The online chat is difficult to do but they set up the online like a social networking site (SNS) and there seems to be the possibility for large network communication.

score 8

They  gave the game average scores but they seem to like it except for some online communication issues. Ill still be getting it.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

seriously i don't know why i still put any faith in sony or its games anymore