By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu White Knight Chronicle score (29/40)

Didnt that awful gundam game from the beginning of the gen get 8s from famitsu?

Japanese reviewers see differently than american journalists so the scores are either 80s- bombed HARD!!

Or this could be the first jrpg that NA likes more than Japan (not likely though)

Either way this is a horrible start for a game of this hype , being an Jrpg , getting a 70 which in retrospective here a 30-40

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

Detox - Go look at the WKC review thread that's on the 1st page of NeoGAF.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

29 for an RPG in Famitsu, published by Sony? Holy shit.........

It's on GAF :S On the thread about Famitsu Magazine. It's on the first post.

I'll wait for some credible reviews, but this isn't exactly getting my hopes up...

Around the Network

Here are the other two reviews

third guy: The fight scenes with the large monsters in the beautiful game world are powerfully intense. The main story and cut scenes are easy to follow. Because you can use mail or the journal as soon as you log online it should be easy to communicate with others. Its okay that the battle system is simple but it tends to be dull. Its good that weapon/armor compatibility and strengthening can be done easily.

score 7

fourth guy: The battle system as promised is uncomplicated with its several aspects so it is easy to get into. Combining the different skills is fun. But I would have liked for the menus and battle commands to be more polished. The online play depending on the version... (can read last part, sorry)

score 7

xlost7 said:
BenVTrigger said:
xlost7 said:
BenVTrigger said:

Okay, so one review from a somewhat weird company is going to base your decision on the manner of you losing faith in Sony and its games?

Weird to me, I think you should wait for other reviews to come out.

its not just that the only games that really delivered to me so far were MGS4 and LittleBigPlanet.  I'm sorry but spending all that time and money on things like Home and other bad marketing decisions are really just turning me off from the company as a whole.  That being said i hope this is a fluke review but it seems like this is the same story as almost all the ps3 exsclusives

jesus kung fu magic said:

Didnt that awful gundam game from the beginning of the gen get 8s from famitsu?

Japanese reviewers see differently than american journalists so the scores are either 80s- bombed HARD!!

Or this could be the first jrpg that NA likes more than Japan (not likelt though)

This man speaks the truth. I don't trust Famitsu any further then I can throw them. And being a company who most likely works in some sort of establishment and/or building, I would say I cannot throw them very far.

I'm willing to bet, if Famitsu is right about anything then the low score meant the game had developement probalems galore.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Well... another game to remove from the "just wait until..." list.

With that score, it will not have good sales. Specially in Japan.

Really bad score and this is Famitsu aka money hatting whores. This game is either really bad or the cheque got lost in the post, I am inclined to believe the former.