By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu White Knight Chronicle score (29/40)

you know i understand the point of not putting too much faith in a review. Its a good point. But that being said i don't think anyone would be talking about Famitsu being "untrustworthy" if they'd given a higher score to WKC

Around the Network

Just had a read of Famitsu and KichiVerde is spot on. Their only gripe with the game is the difficulty of chatting online, they wish for an auto run and auto battle system. The offline play is beautiful and challenging.

So in words people can understand. Offline is awesome while Online isnt that great due to the difficulties in chatting however the game play online is solid.

Torillian said:
PS3 fans that rip on TLR do so because of many many reviews, not just a single one from Japan, because TLR actually got a fantastic review from Famitsu, the highest it ever got, and most likely ever will, which is actually a reason to not put too much emphasis in Famitsu scores.

and the reviewers complained alot about alot of things. 4 people in the fam reviews are saying its hard communicating online but say its a good game other than that.... seriously over exaggeration in epic proportions going on in this thread (fernando numenox benV especially)

BenVTrigger said:
you know i understand the point of not putting too much faith in a review. Its a good point. But that being said i don't think anyone would be talking about Famitsu being "untrustworthy" if they'd given a higher score to WKC

Took the words right out of the J mans mouth.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

I bet that if Famitsu have gave a 40/40 to WKC, no one would be complaining about the credibility of the magazine.

Around the Network

Onii - how can you say offline is awesome when no one has played it outside of Famitsu reviewers?

I mean, if they are knocking it only for online play....I think they have a problem.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Oniichan said:
Just had a read of Famitsu and KichiVerde is spot on. Their only gripe with the game is the difficulty of chatting online, they wish for an auto run and auto battle system. The offline play is beautiful and challenging.

So in words people can understand. Offline is awesome while Online isnt that great due to the difficulties in chatting however the game play online is solid.

i really hope that is all cause i've been looking foreward to this game quite a bit. 

@Fernando

People have always complained or have not seen Famitsu reviews eye to eye. Your post isn't nothing new.

@ fernando - its been pretty well known (and admitted by fam) that fam scores on hype

Why don't we ever get any other scores from Japan? It's always nothing but Famitsu... some others could really help us out. Are they the only ones out there?

Anyway, whether people think Famitsu is worthless or not, I still think there's a decent chance their scores might mean something. Hopefully the game doesn't bomb, but again, I doubt this will light up the charts.

People should've held off their hopes for Yakuza 3 IMO...