By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 Box Art Released:Missing "Only On X360" Stamp

MontanaHatchet said:
So far, I haven't anyone comment on the quality of the box art. I think it looks nice.

It's ok

I think it lacks a little punch or flair, something that says "LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME" to somebody who doesn't know a lot about it.

Around the Network

im sure the game will come to the PS3 eventually, it would make financial sense for SE. my guess would be a Mid 2010 release. Just like its inevitable for FFX13 versus to come to the 360 (where a large number of FF fans in the western markets will have relocated due to the main series being released day one w/ the ps3 version).

im hoping that the fanboys will agree that if one is likely, the other is equally so.

outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

Yeah there has been bitching on both sides of the fence. Honestly, I don't think it's 360 owners not wishing PS3 owners anything "good." I think 360 owners are just tired of PS3 fans fawning over 360 games.

@Acevil

Are you sure about that. I was under the impression that the Tales Studio didn't have any PS3 dev kits when they started Tales of Vesperia. Which was around 2 and half years ago. One of the reason they cited for developing the game on 360 was that they didn't want to do another PS2 game and the 360 was the only next gen system with complete development kits. I'm sure they have PS3 dev. kits at this point in time. After all, other divisions of Namco have released PS3 titles.

I find that very funny, given people have been crying for MGS 4 on 360 for over two years now.

@ Barozi

It was sacarasm. Calm down.

And lol at whoever said that Namco Bandai doesn't have dev kits to give to the Tales team.

So how do you know ?

I hope Star Ocean ends up on PS3 too.

Barozi said:
outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

Yeah there has been bitching on both sides of the fence. Honestly, I don't think it's 360 owners not wishing PS3 owners anything "good." I think 360 owners are just tired of PS3 fans fawning over 360 games.

@Acevil

Are you sure about that. I was under the impression that the Tales Studio didn't have any PS3 dev kits when they started Tales of Vesperia. Which was around 2 and half years ago. One of the reason they cited for developing the game on 360 was that they didn't want to do another PS2 game and the 360 was the only next gen system with complete development kits. I'm sure they have PS3 dev. kits at this point in time. After all, other divisions of Namco have released PS3 titles.

I find that very funny, given people have been crying for MGS 4 on 360 for over two years now.

@ Barozi

And lol at whoever said that Namco Bandai doesn't have dev kits to give to the Tales team.

So how do you know ?

Because I know from being on the same forum as hanafuda for over a year, that he is a funny, sarcastic Japanese man.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Malachi said:

Really? Is that why some game get released in the rest of europe but not in Germany? They are some game that don't get released in UK or Australia but as far as I know they both use ESRB so I though it was because of different laws in those countries.

I don't know if the ESRB or PEGI have any influence on banning games, but the USK has. It used to be just a recommendation and information for parents about 3 years ago, then they changed the law.... (Sad day, because I was only 15 at that time and I loved violent shooters ^^)

And I hate the new USK logos. They are much larger now. Here is an example (old logo size behind the new sized logo)

Ah, they can ban game, that why. You are rigth I think ESRB only just rate them and some gouvernement body got the power to ban them (and console maker refuse to license AO game).

Ugh, you are rigth about the logo, bad looking and really too big. What next? Put it in place of the box art and put the box art in a tiny corner?

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

@Acevil

@ Barozi

Namco has them, the tales team don't currently (July).

Given the presentation where the revealed where the tales games are going it doesn't look like tales team will need one for awhile either.

Also no one said Namco Bandai doesn't have dev kits, the original statement is tales team doesn't have ps3 dev kits.

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

@Acevil

@ Barozi

Namco has them, the tales team don't currently (July).

Given the presentation where the revealed where the tales games are going it doesn't look like tales team will need one for awhile either.

Also no one said Namco Bandai doesn't have dev kits, the original statement is tales team doesn't have ps3 dev kits.

Yes, but being that the Tales teams are all owned and operated by Namco Bandai, it wouldn't take a but a moment for them to obtain them.

outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

@Acevil

@ Barozi

PS3 owners have bitched about damn near every exclusive 360 JRPG. MGS4 is one game. One game which I wish people would stop posting "is it coming to 360" threads about but I've said that several times before. Take your annoyance about MGS4 and multiply about five. Right now its Star Ocean IV, before reviewers reamed it it was TLR getting released on 360 first. Before they played it and realized how average it was  Eternal Sonata. Posters still bitch about ToV not being on PS3. Fanboys even whined about IU even though its Misrosoft IP than MS was going to publish before SE picked it up. I could go on, but I dont' feel like typing a novel. I haven't even finished the RPGs and then there are the non rpgs like Ace Combat 6 that I could bring up.

Darc Requiem said:
outlawauron said:
Darc Requiem said:
@Badgenome

@Acevil

@ Barozi

PS3 owners have bitched about damn near every exclusive 360 JRPG. MGS4 is one game. One game which I wish people would stop posting "is it coming to 360" threads about but I've said that several times before. Take your annoyance about MGS4 and multiply about five. Right now its Star Ocean IV, before reviewers reamed it it was TLR getting released on 360 first. Before they played it and realized how average it was  Eternal Sonata. Posters still bitch about ToV not being on PS3. Fanboys even whined about IU even though its Misrosoft IP than MS was going to publish before SE picked it up. I could go on, but I dont' feel like typing a novel. I haven't even finished the RPGs and then there are the non rpgs like Ace Combat 6 that I could bring up.

I think your claims are exaggerrated and are not good comparisions to MGS 4, but I digress.