By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 50 (2008), Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness debut

Seneque said:
Noobie said:
wot has happened to LBP. ??? any reason for such a strong resurgence.

I think it now is bundled with the PS3.

I have seen LBP budnle here in Sweden atleast since 1-2 week after the release date of LBP.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Don't think LBP got an official price drop but many online retailers are selling it for £19.99.

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3LI00&n=LittleBigPlanet&platform=PS3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Little-Big-Planet-PS3/dp/B0019CGTXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229379220&sr=8-1

Seems like a good price for a great game.

Well Ho-lee shit at LBP. Well done.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

including the bundled ‘Lego Indiana Jones’ (+31%) up

?

good week , GeOW2 , COD WAW , fable 2 and other games

Around the Network

In spain forexample all the ps3 pack have LBP no other pack
=> ps3 sales up for christmas
=> LBP up
this game the sales are a joke
this game must compare with wii sport

yuexxx said:
=> LBP up

Really how does it compare with wii-sports.

yuexxx said:
=> LBP up

Uh oh, things could get ugly now (the little kitty avatar is not going to like this...).

If you look at LBP sales WW, we do see that others is showing better legs than in the Americas (and NPD even showed, I think I saw, lower numbers compared to VGC). I understand that the US does not have LBP bundles. Others has had some countries with LBP bundles for a while now (at least in France, Belgium and, cough, Luxembourg, from what I saw) which could explain this.

Now it seems UK has bundles too and this could explain, at least in part, the great boost in LBP sales we have seen from the UK top 40 chart above (combined with an increase in sales of PS3 HW with Christmas approaching). However, LBP is not the only bundle available so it would be unfair to compare this to Wii Sports and we should simply praise the good numbers we should see when the SW chart is released by ioi.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Finland (weeks 49 and 50):

http://www.figma.fi/lista.htm

Viikot 49 -50/ 2008

NYT EDELL TOP10 PEGI-ikä / *=VET-ikä
1 1 SingStar ABBA (Sony) PS2 PS3 3
2 4 SingStar SuomiRock (Sony) PS2 12
3 2 NHL 09 (Electronic Arts) PC PS2 PS3 Xbox360 7*
4 RE Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2) PC PS3 Xbox360 18
5 9 Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant (Activision-Blizzard) DS PS2 PSP Wii Xbox360 7
6 7 Guitar Hero World Tour (Activision-Blizzard) PS2 PS3 Wii Xbox360 12
7 6 Need For Speed Undercover (Electronic Arts) DS PC PS2 PS3 PSP Wii Xbox360 12
8 10 Wii Fit (Nintendo) Wii 3
9 3 Call of Duty: World at War (Activision-Blizzard) DS PC PS2 PS3 Wii Xbox360 18
10 5 Guitar Hero III: Legends Of Rock (Activision-Blizzard) PC PS2 PS3 Wii Xbox360 12

RRP:

£44.99
Price: £17.98
You Save: £27.01 (60%)

Amazon UK lashed 60% off of LBP's price. They probably aren't the only retailer.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire