By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 50 (2008), Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness debut

LBP up to 6 from 21,

Around the Network

Does someone actually know how Chart-Track does its value chart ? To me, it looks like they just multiply the numbers in the individual chart by the retail price of the game, regardless of bundles. I'm saying that because I'm really surprised to see the budget priced 'Lego Indiana Jones' and 'Kungfu Panda' in place 37 and 39.

Seneque said:
Does someone actually know how Chart-Track does its value chart ? To me, it looks like they just multiply the numbers in the individual chart by the retail price of the game, regardless of bundles. I'm saying that because I'm really surprised to see the budget priced 'Lego Indiana Jones' and 'Kungfu Panda' in place 37 and 39.

This two games (lego indy and kung fu panda), are given with the 360, so i think their value are 0£. So, it appears only in the top the value of the others sales of these game. It's what i hink, not sure it's right, but logical for me.

It's based on the actual tracked value. For bundles they deduct the average non-bundled hardware price from it.

so, 360 Elite and Pro Sales are up , arcade sales are down. This means that Nintendo is doing a decent job other meeting demand (otherwise you would have people getting the cheaper 360 instead of the Wii...)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Yaaah, LBP number 6! HUGE increase - hope this means a nice hardware increase too.

Okay, I would have personnaly choosen a 0£ value like Lombard, but the deduction from the equivalent non-bundled hardware makes sense too.

So I assume that the 360 + Lego Indy + Kung Fu Panda cost more than the non bundled hardware ?

Is that a typo in the main paragraph for UK: "LittleBigPlanet’ up from No29 to No16" Shouldn't it be 21 to 6?

On second thought, all the listed numbers are whack. =S

Aj_habfan said:

Is that a typo in the main paragraph for UK: "LittleBigPlanet’ up from No29 to No16" Shouldn't it be 21 to 6?

It's a comment on the All Format chart, not the individual one.

I don't even know if there is any non-bundled 360 hardware, and if so how much cheaper it is selling. Here's an example for Wii Play:

If you look at the Total Software by Label/Company charts you will see that there is a disparity between the units sold by Nintendo and the value this month.

"The reason behind this difference is partly due to Wii Play. Wii Play always shifts a lot of units (All Formats number three in February), however, we split the controller and game up when working out the value, with the remote retaining its full price.

"In other words, Wii Play only comes in at £4.99 in terms of value.

Dorian Bloch (Chart-Track)