By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@ssenkahdavic, dont forget that atlus is making a persona game on the 3ds , so persona 4 on that system besides the psp is also a possiblity as well. i think if the 3ds takes off like most ppl believe then i feel that persona 5 might be on the ps3/3ds combo. 

i also think nis going all ps3 except for 1 announced game already is a huge mistake, with thier financial issues it could lead them to going belly up or asking another company to buy a stake in them to keep them afloat. also them making some 3ds games but not that much is another mistake, with their lineup of games in their library that i feel they should focus more on the handhelds to keep cost lower and improve their profits and then release a few games on the ps3 to try and expand their base alittle.

i think the 3ds might be the system where square-enix tries a ff7 remake on , since the system is so powerful and a more mature system. and also i think their 3ds games will be the games they would have only released on the consoles, but since nintendo is taking a more mature strategy with this system i think square-enix will put more effort to that system. 

level 5 i believe will show wkc 2 and the psp version, like u think as well. i think u might see some new info from them and square-enix regarding dragon quest 10 and for the wii or the 3ds. also i think u will see them show off their new layton game for the 3ds and also their 1st multi-system game, and would love to see it happen but i know i am just dreaming of course but a resurrection of = true fantasy live on the 360.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@Robo:  Remember what the Pres of NiSA said about the 3ds tho.  It is not that they do not want to support the system, it is that they are known to be very Pro Sony, so Nintendo did not send them dev kits right off the bat.  This just means they are not allowed into the launch/early launch gaming window.  This makes sense too.  I am very curios to see what their new IPs are going to be.   I really hope nothing bad happens to NIS.  The American Arm is doing fine (NISA) but they are just a publisher and like they said they had to publish certain games due to agreements, hell he even APOLOGIZED for Last Rebellion!

I do not see P5 being a launch 3DS title.  I think it has 3 options (PSP, PS3, Wii) and those are in order of likely hood.    It is possible they are going to start another Persona series on the 3DS.  Heck, they could use the Persona Anime and make a game based on that.  I cannot believe their debut title on the 3DS will be a multi-platform title, let alone a port, so I doubt it will be P4.

The problem with FF7, is I have a feeling Sony already has something in the works to get it on a Sony system.  Yes there is no basis for this, I just cannot believe it would happen.  

@ssenkahdavic, ff7 remake wont only be a ps3 game not gonna happen no matter what a sony only fan wants, square-enix said all future games will be on mulitple systems. 

also i disagree with nis's statement its sounds likes a excuse too me, not a valid reason so i dont buy it at all. also i strongly believe if they havent learned already from their lessons on the ps2 and ps3 so far then they will surely file for bankrupt. also they should have went to nintendo and said we want to be on the system right away and it would have happened, blaming nintendo for that is a dumb mistake and could hurt them in the long run and prove a financial problem. look how long it took them to bring their games to the ds and the games failed due to that. 

it atlus pics anything but a real persona game for the 3ds i wont buy it, i dont want a knock series in place of the real thing. i didnt say persona 5 as  a 3ds launch title, i said a persona 4 as the possible game. with persona 5 as a future possiblity, thats all. 

i want atlus and nis to put their main games onto the 3ds ,and the other systems. not this knock off shit.

disgaea 4 do u want nis to finally take the series into 3d, and leave the 2d sprites behind ?

i do very much, the series needs a overhaul.

@ssenkahdavic, the reason i am vocal about nis and atlus is because i like their games alot and i want them too succeed and broaden their appeal and be successful.  i just feel limiting themself to only or mainly sony hardware will hurt them, mainly nis in that regard. 

Around the Network

What i want on the 3ds is a game built from the ground up to utilise the strengths of  the 3ds ,and based on the lead in time from idea stage to gold status that most developers work with  the decision  on the games platform  would be made fairly early in the peace, so that leads me to believe P5 wont be on 3DS then again it also depends on whether they are working in tandem or have a p3p then p4p (assumed) then P5  time line, my thinking is something along the line of P3P then later  P4P with P5 in pre/early production then ramping up running parallel, and as to what appears on the 3ds my philosophy on this is pretty much the same as it is with future bungie games if it's a good game i don't give a rats if it a different game or if its on different consoles a good games a good game and I"ll buy it.

as to nis  i really don't know what to make of them Robos right they have to do something how long they can continue to relying on disgaia and a few other titles is questionable then again i suppose only they know whats in their best interest, plus we don't know what incentives they get from Sony and how the home market affects them.

i also think that when it comes to development kits early on they are probably  scarce , so they go out to who the company thinks will make best use of them from there perspective, and they also tend not to be cheap , use up quite an amount of a developers resources   in time and personnel  coming up to speed ,they also have to be factored into your production timeline so not being first off the rank can be beneficial

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Robo:  There is no blaming Nintendo here about NIS and the 3DS.  The blame is 100% on the heads of NIS.  Why would Nintendo want launch spots of THEIR system taken up by a company they know is more loyal to their competitors?  it makes sense they did not want NIS to have a launch spot of say someone like Capcom, Konami, EA, Activision, Sega, etc etc etc.  You get what I am saying?  Besides, almost all other games are almost guaranteed to sell better than NIS games, and we all know it, regardless of how we feel about them.  I personally love NIS for doing what they do.  Bring the niche stuff to America so I can enjoy it (another reason I love Atlus so much).

And Square was saying new games, not remakes (this is how I read it).  I still bet this means Console games not Handhelds.   There is no Sony fanboyism here.  I am just saying I think Sony already has something in place for the PS1/PS2 FF games.  Does this mean it is true? Not at all, but I think Sony would be rather stupid for not having something in place.

As far as Atlus, I just find it odd that they would want their very first game on a brand new system to be a PS2 port?  Do not get me wrong, like I said in your 3DS thread I will buy a 3DS the day the first Atlus game is released (and I was not kidding).  A 3D Persona 4? Awesomeness.  Thing is, if they do a 3DS release and a PSP release, they will conflict with one another (so it is a good bet it will be one or the other).  If we hear of a P4P, there is a good chance there will not be one on the 3DS (and like I said, I would buy them both).  Since it is far enough away, why not start with Persona 1 remake for the 3DS?  First Persona Dungeon crawling in 3D?  Would be utterly awesome!

@mjk45:  This is what I am saying.  I hope Atlus makes their game 100% for the 3DS, as well as other companies.  I want their games to be MADE FOR IT, not just ported to it.  It is the same for PC games lately.  I have DA:O on both the PS3 and the PC.  I have never beaten the PC version, it just does not feel right.  The PS3 version however, is amazing.  Sad part is, I am a PC fan first and I still consider WRPGs PC-RPGs.  Their origins are much more on the side of the PC than the consoles

@Robo:  I understand and actually agree with you about NIS and Atlus (more so NIS since they are the ones in hot water).  Hell, Id almost say Sony should buy NIS.  They need an RPG arm, and just think what NIS (hell buy Gust and Idea Factory while you are at it) could do with proper funding?  Would be awesome.  I am not saying this as just a Sony Fan, but as a fan of NIS.  

Hell, even MS has their Japanese gaming company (Mistwalker / Feel Plus)  While they are not 1st party, would it really be a bad thing if they were?  They make primarily 360 games (Feel Plus did do NMHP for Ps3).  All I am saying is that I am a very firm believer in keeping some things Exclusive.  If it was not for Mistwalkers games, I would not be buying a 360S arcade. I had 2 360s previously, sold 1 and had the other until it died, I got it repaired and I sold it.   I have had no desire to buy another until it was reasonable for me to do so, which is now doable thanks to the new 360S. 

@ssen, i would never want sony to buy a rpg company, mainly because if sony cant give me my damn legend of dragoon ps1 on psn to download or a sequel , then i say to hell with sony ever buying a rpg studio. wkc wasnt advertised well in the us and its sales reflect that. i would rather square-enix or a merger with atlus then sony buying them. 

i understand what your saying about nis and atlus, and always i respect what u have too say. i just dont understand companies who is having money problems continue to focus on systems or a system which cost them so much money to develop on, when they dont have the funding to do that. cause i want too continue to buy their games that is all.

not just mistwalker games on the 360, dont forgot square-enix's efforts and tri-aces games too.

tales of vesperia, last remnant,infinite undiscovery,star ocean the last hope, phantasy start universe,lost odyssey ( best damn jrpg ever :)  ) blue dragon,magna carta 2, risen,divinity 2 should keep u busy for a good while as well. 

also i am glad u have joined the threads i have made, because u are a very cool person and a friend as well. :)

@Robo:  You probably just won everything right there.  Sony doing NOTHING with LoD (Game sold great for them on the PS1 too) they do not deserve anything.  This is second only to Suikoden 2 of PS1 classics I want right now on my PSP.  Even with all of this, you have to admit you would be interested in seeing what NIS could do with a big budget.  I love their low budget games, and I can just imagine what they might be like if they had the money to go all out.

That is one of the problems with JRPGs here in the west for starters.  They are not advertised AT ALL.  ME 1/2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, DA:O all received CRAZY amounts of advertising!  Even MS has advertised some of their JRPG exclusives.  Sony tho, has done nothing.  It is a major shame too.  Valk Chronicles, Folklore and Demon's Souls should have had TV commercials.  Besides Folklore, they are 3rd party published, but still Sony should have tried to get them advertised.  

And noooo!  Atlus should never merge with Anyone!  They need to stay Atlus forever! (they are my favorite publisher/developer now that the two in my sig are no more <tears>) 

I have LO, BD, MC2 and IU ready for my 360S arcade when I get it.   (Played Risen, Divinity 2, Phantasy Star Universe and Last Remnant on my PC).  I also refuse to buy Tales of Vesperia until I know for a fact it will never come out on the PS3 (they have never once said no)

And yea buddy.  Between you, mjk and lesta, we have some good convos.  And thank you for the kind words, likewise to you buddy.