By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

mjk45 said:

@Lestat ,

Castlevania order of Ecclesia just arrived and if i break my DS in frustration I'm blaming you and the game as i couln't possibly blame my weak   Godly gaming prowess.

Well, the normal difficulty in Ecclesia is just a bit higher than in Symphony of the Night. Trully frustrating moments will await you, should you pursue to do the Hard Lvl. 1 mode. Oh, and the optional dungeons in the last stretch of Ecclesia are a killer, even in normal.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@mjk45, yes i passed on your wishes and she said thanks. :)

her food cravings, i have made some weird food combos lately.

i'm suprised sony hasnt updated the specs for the umd ( storage space ), so they could possibly handle some higher gig games like ff10 on the psp. since they did that with the blu-ray disks for the ps3. cause i would love some ff10,ff10-2 and such on the go. how about u?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

would love it but it will never happen ,Bd  storage was always going to be enlarged and it will be happen  more than once  just has dvd did with storage and disc speed, even more now with the expansion of hd imaging into other fields beside entertainment like science etc there will be demand for removable disc based media with large storage capacity  as a portable solution along side hard drives ,flash media etc and larger and larger storage is what will keep BD  competitive, unfortunatly umd looks liked a dead end tied into the psp i think they will look at larger storage options for its successor what form this takes is yet to be seen, it may be a cut down multi layered  Blu-ray disc or they might look at a solid state solution coupled with DL or a combo of some sort maybe cloud as well who knows i have a feeling if PSP2 becomes a G4 style smart phone/games machine it wont have discs, sorry about getting of subject but i feel the psp wont have any major changes like increased disc storage at this stage it would have to be a major revamp for that to happen

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45, i know that. i just wana play some other great rpg's from the ps2 on the go and i guess i will have too wait for the psp2 for that too happen. if the psp2 is anything but a gaming machine 1st i doubt i will ever buy one. and will stick to the great library thats already out for the psp and the future library of the 3ds for my handheld gaming needs.

do u think any rpg's will be announced or shown off at tgs this year or not ?

@Robo:  Absolutely.  At TGS we should hear about the new games from the Wild Arms developers (Media Vision) which should be an RPG  (they have done little else), we should also hear about some of these new IPs developed/published by NIS ( More info on Disgaea 4).

I also think Atlus will be showcasing new games at TGS (where is their first real PS3 game?) and I would bet one of them will be Persona 4 PSP, with how well 3 is doing.  Japan Studios FromSoftware perhaps showcasing Demon's Souls 2?  I am also looking forward to more info on WKC PSP more projects from Level-5.

Around the Network

@ssenkahdavic, true. i keep hearing rumors of a japanese dev that hasnt made a game for the 360 yet is suppose to announce something this year, was wondering if it will happen at tgs, i think level 5 could be that company or could be nis too. also i wonder when feelplus is going to show off this big scale rpg for the 360 at tgs as well ( thinking its = lost odyssey 2 ), also i am thinking the new valkyrie game from square-enix will be shown off at tgs as well. what u think ?

@Robo: I highly doubt it is NIS.  In that last interview with NiSA president they said they are shifting ALL focus (except for 1 game already announced) to the PS3.  This is making sequels as well as a few new IPs.  They are also focusing more on internally developed games Gust Idea Factory games and dropping Hitmaker (Last Rebellion, etc).  

Level-5 doing something for the 360 is very possible.  They are, afterall, opening up a publishing arm here in the US.  Would only make sense if they planned on doing multiplat 360 games.  I mean this as in, 360 PS3 in the US and they would never drop the PS3 crowd in Japan.  

These are what I think will happen tho:

1) Media Vision showing off their PS3 and PSP projects (or atleast talking about them)  Some type of RPG is almost a given.

2) Level-5 showing off WKC 2, WKC PSP,  perhaps releasing info on their first 360/PS3 multiplat that they will publish, and more info on Another World.

3) NISA releasing more info on their New PS3 IPs as well as more information on their new focus on PS3 only (they are working on 3ds things, they just said not as much as other companies)

4) Atlus will release info on P4P.  P3P has done very well and I would almost bet Persona 4 is coming to the PSP.  I am also looking forward to their release of a SMT title on the PS3.  They are working on something for the PS3, just no idea what.  Im also hoping to hear about P5, regardless of what system.

5) SE will of course show off FFvsXIV, Ag XIII for PSP, 3rd Bday PSP, Four Warriors of Light DS and some 3ds titles.  

I saved the best for last:

6)Sony showing off Demon's Souls 2 with FromSoftware.

I'm slack what date is TGS

Will p3p success influence where P5 goes or do you think thats been decided.

What ever happened to grandia online is it still going, if i remember they had the beta early 09  then started up in  japan on August 09 do you know any more than that, i don't play mmorpg's the only one i even played a little was ragnarok and was chased all around  by a 12 year old for the first hour until i told him i was a 80 year old ped that stopped the pestering but i also stopped , grandia on the other hand interested me.