By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

disgaea 4 do u want nis to finally take the series into 3d, and leave the 2d sprites behind ?

i do very much, the series needs a overhaul.

i'd love to see disgaea in 3D, Or just make the sprites look 3D and detailed but when they attack,the screen could then change to close up Detailed 3D view of the player or AI executing there attack, Just how Shining force 3 was done. I'd love to see this done.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

@stokedup, that would be nice too see for sure.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ssen, tales of vesperia i dont think u will ever see it outside japan for the ps3, if namco hasnt released it yet in the states. they never will, u got too remember that this august will be the 2 yr anniversary of its stateside debut on the 360. and it came out on the ps3 in early 2009 and its a year past that release, so i think u have to get the 360 version if u wana play it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo:  Yep.  It is not near the top of my list anyway, so Ill be fine waiting.

Well, son1x gave me a craving for Diablo 2 again, so I started a new character. A Zealadin build, with players 6 difficulty. I'm still on 1.12b, but i'm considering upgrading to 1.13c, once I get a good internet connection in my room, to do a new ladder

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestat whats a Zealladin build and will you be playing lord of  destruction

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

@lestat whats a Zealladin build and will you be playing lord of  destruction

A Zealadin build focuses on two main skills : Zeal with Fanaticism Aura. These two skills, with the right synergies (Salvation, Might, Conviction, etc..) can give you max attack speed and over 10K damage (with the right weapons and runewords).

Coupled with Holy Shield, for defensive support, good Mana/HP leech and high % Chance for Crushing Blow (Reduces enemy HP by 15%), pretty much creates the ultimate tank/DPS in Diablo 2. 

And on top of that, if you manage to get your hands on an Enigma plate (Elite Heavy Armour with runeword ENIGMA), which grants you a lvl 2 Teleport spell, you become the ultimate killing machine. 

Yup, i'll be playing Lord of Destruction, especially for Hell Baal runs and Countess Hell runs for rune drops.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@leasta: Baal runs! nooooooooo!  good god I did way to many of those :)  For some reason, I keep playing Torchlight (with mods) instead of reinstalling D2 when I need my good ol' fix.  

Ooo, picked up P3P today too!  Anyone else get it today?  Been wearing my silly hat all day too :)

About legend of dragoon,not being on psn have a theory about that and why there wasn't a sequel an old friend of mine named Amos Wong who used to write for the Australian OPSM and moved to japan  where he is the Japanese correspondent for newtype usa ,once told me of a rumour that after Sony came out with lod ,square at the time wasn't happy and said that they had basically copied FF and mentioned that if Sony wanted to continue there relationship no more lod style games,then later on Sony became a 25%  stake holder now diminished , if that agreement was  cemented in writing it might make it hard even today for them to put it on psn ,the other thing is we don't know what plans they have going forward.

@Robo wasn't that long ago that you where calling for Sony to buy level 5 what changed ?

another thing a lot of people especially rpg fans don't seem to account for is there are relative few big sellers in the rpg sector most sell well under  a million with half that been seen as a success so wide scale media assault is not usually seen as appropriate plus the buyers tend to be more informed about the games , there was plenty of advertisement of WKC on the net unfortunately it took level 5 ages to send it west a lot of rpg's chances to get a western localization seem to stem from if its seen as a sales success in japan regardless of western interest and even that might not get it here if the knuckle bones don't land the right way .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Ssenkahdavic said:

@leasta: Baal runs! nooooooooo!  good god I did way to many of those :)  For some reason, I keep playing Torchlight (with mods) instead of reinstalling D2 when I need my good ol' fix.  

Ooo, picked up P3P today too!  Anyone else get it today?  Been wearing my silly hat all day too :)

I'm playing D2 with the Plugy mod. It basically gives you the same ladder abilities (über tristam, pandemonium event, ladder runewords and equipment) but for SP as well. Plus an enhanced Character statistics plus extended chest, which are all awesome. 

I'm probably getting P3P next month, since I can only buy one more game this month and DQIX is a priority to me

Current PC Build