By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Robo ,tell your wife i said take care and not to eat to much pickles and icecream and not to worry about waking you up in the middle of the night to drive 10 miles to find some exotic food, but how does playing ps3 offline make a difference ,online or off in  single player when you got to go,  you go  and  exit the game either way .

what was your thoughts on the dash mini game

i was looking at the back of the digital devil saga manual and  ghostlight the publishers (bless there little hearts) had ads for two games one was smt lucifers call called nocturne elsewhere and a game called The  Plan I've never heard of it have you

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45:  Just The Plan?  Never heard of it.  Did they have any pictures of it?  So SMT: Nocturne was called SMT: Lucifer over there?

@mjk45, i find it easier to concentrate while playing offline and also when she needs me i can just drop and go. will be back online soon.  also been playing wkc and thats online for me right now, doing quests for the platinum, so i am playing offline until the cravings slow down for me to be online again to get my platinum in wkc.

never heard of those games, will check them out though today.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@mjk45, thought the dash mini game was tedious and boring, but the other games were alot better and more fun.

Ok im currently split for choice. Im going to buy another rpg to play and the ones that i want are either Dragon Age:Origins or Agarest:Generations of war, so 2 completely different styles of rpgs, ones an action western style medieval RPG. while the other is a strategy Japanese anime RPG. Before you ask i love both genres of these RPGS as im just basically i massive RPG fan but i wont be getting both as it'll be too time consuming so whats you advise?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

Ok im currently split for choice. Im going to buy another rpg to play and the ones that i want are either Dragon Age:Origins or Agarest:Generations of war, so 2 completely different styles of rpgs, ones an action western style medieval RPG. while the other is a strategy Japanese anime RPG. Before you ask i love both genres of these RPGS as im just basically i massive RPG fan but i wont be getting both as it'll be too time consuming so whats you advise?

I haven't played Agarest: Generations of war, so my view is limited to Dragon Age alone.

Dragon Age Origins feels a lot like Baldur's Gate (story wise, context wise and they way you can manipulate not only your characters, but also how choices affect the flow of the game) meets KOTOR (due to gameplay choices, especially a very similar pause ---> tactic schematic). 

The story is a bit cliché here and there, with some good refreshing twists near the final half of the game, and probably has some of the most amazing boss battles in DnD (although very Lite) mechanics. 

I would recommend it, and the expansion Awakening is superior to the original game (story wise), should you like to continue the game afterwards.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@stokedup, i would say get : dragon age origins 1st, its a very good and in depth game i know u will like alot.

@Stokedup, i have  both games and would recommend  origins  as the better pick ,plus you should be able to pick up AGarest  cheap later on.

@Ssenkah,Robo, Firstly yes smt nocturne was called Lucifers call in others and the cover had the same  picture thats on nocturnes dvd label, Ghostlight was the publisher for all smt games as well as shadowhearts another world it was set up by Midas interactive a name that should be familiar to all old school gamers just to publish smt games and other niche titles in europe/others, but now since atlus is gaining more  popularity they have missed out. have a look on the back of smt digital devil saga manual and see if its on your version, basically its a hiest game so it might be crap don't know who made it ,robo i hope you passed on my best wishes, by the way what cravings are you talking about yours? hehe he

@Lestat ,

Castlevania order of Ecclesia just arrived and if i break my DS in frustration I'm blaming you and the game as i couln't possibly blame my weak   Godly gaming prowess.