By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The 'Why I Love My Wii' Thread - no negativity allowed

Text version :

How do I love Wii? Let Me Count the Ways
With apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love Wii? Let me count the ways.
I love Wii Fit’s measure of weight and height,
My waggles reach, when Karting out of sight
For chasing Bowser and Princess Peach.
I love Wii to the level of every day's
Galaxy flight to grasp another star so bright.
I love Wii when Super Smash Brothers do fight;
I love Wii purely, when Wii Music we do raise,
I love Wii’s virtual console put to use
for my old games, played with childhood’s faith.
I love Wii when analog sticks I can lose
With stinking D-pad and all the button’s fuss
Smiles, happiness all my life -and, if Iwata choose,
I shall but love Wii better after motion plus

ORIGINAL:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise,
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints -I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Around the Network

Wiiware, virtual console, internet channel, and of course the GAMES!! Mario Galaxy (classic) Metroid Prime 3 (epic) Smash bros brawl, No more heroes, Zack and Wiki, Tales of symphonia, and many more are the reason I've loved my wii up to this point. The reasons I'm going to continue loving my wii in 09 are Madworld, The Conduit, Punchout, House of the dead overkill, monster hunter 3, Sin and Punishment and a bunch of others. Who said exclusivity was dead.

Wichdog69

I'm with all the mario and zelda and metroid lovers when I say, thank you nintendo for my wonderful wii! It doesnt matter what nintendo make as long as I can find my zelda and metroid hit I'm loving it all the way!

EDIT:

P.S. And thank you wii for running so hard this generation and giving the market back to nintendo! I stuck through thick and thin in the old days and now you have proven my devotion worth it! Now I can laugh in the faces of my (insert non wii console name here) loving friends who used to laugh in mine. My how the tables have turned! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

wichdog69 said:
Wiiware, virtual console, internet channel, and of course the GAMES!! Mario Galaxy (classic) Metroid Prime 3 (epic) Smash bros brawl, No more heroes, Zack and Wiki, Tales of symphonia, and many more are the reason I've loved my wii up to this point. The reasons I'm going to continue loving my wii in 09 are Madworld, The Conduit, Punchout, House of the dead overkill, monster hunter 3, Sin and Punishment and a bunch of others. Who said exclusivity was dead.

Sony, and recently.

@Grampy: Nice adaptation. Did you write it yourself?

@noname2200

Not wanting anyone else to take a bum rap for mutilating great poetry, I will plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the poetry guild

Around the Network
Grampy said:
@noname2200

Not wanting anyone else to take a bum rap for mutilating great poetry, I will plead guilty and throw myself on the mercy of the poetry guild

I'll have to ask Elliot and Maya, but I'm sure we'll just let this one slide.

Several of the games mentioned above, Wii mote possibilities, it's winning, and Okami.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Everything about it makes me happy :)

Nintendos first party lineup.
Being part of the winning console and knowing that my investment is going to pay off in 09 with tons of good software at a lower price then hd console software.

Being able to pick up games like zack and wiki for 20 bucks new.

playing the wii for the first time was like the first time I baught my very first and own console, the N64. I was soooooooo excited for this new experience I had never experienced before and its going to be etched into my heart for ever! never will I not buy a nintendo console first. And the GC! that was such a great day! the first game I played on my N64 was wave race and the first game I played on my cube was wave race! so sentimental about these things! I only wish there was a wave race on the wii to carry on my tradition :'( but nintendo is forgiven! wii sports and zelda were awesome! fully worth the wait and excitement and 2 hour drive to and from the shop! lol

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

It's a chick magnet. Outside of horror flicks, the Wii has the biggest chance of getting you laid out of any electronic type entertainment....

P.S. Anyone who dares to argue about music with me, it really won't cut it. They have to be in the mood first, and many see it coming. With the Wii it's right out of the blue... BAM! There's no seed planting, no nothing, just add alcohol and watch it grow! (Kind of like thos Chia Pet thingamjigs)

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835