By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If last year ends up being PS3's peak year...

Zuhyc said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Zuhyc said:
Woah I'm getting a déja vu.

*déjà.

But yeah, I agree with you (not the OP).

Damn, big mistake! :(

At least you know it's two words! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

*Sighs*......

The PS3 is doomed.... the sales will plummet....

4 ≈ One

You know everyone said 2007 would be the ps3's peak year, and 2008 destroyed 2007's sales..

mM

I just assumed this was a joke thread!

I can't believe people would actually believe this. GT 5 and FF XIII will move enough consoles to keep it alive for a long time to come!

Khuutra said:
RolStoppable said:
If the PS3 goes down, it's going to take a lot of the 360 3rd party support with it, so the 360's end will be near as well. Could be interesting.

I wonder if the effects would be even worse than that.

I believe so.  If the PS3 went away, it would hurt the 360 support wise... which I can't imagine would be great for a number of those third parties that have invested so heavily in developing for HD software.  It might be enough to outright kill some developers.

Fortunately, I really think we're discussing a fantasy scenario; the market seems big enough for all three consoles, though Sony's done themselves no favors by almost making it impossible to lower their prices.  I just can't imagine them abandoning the PS3, no matter how bad it gets.

Around the Network

GT5 (Europe) and FFXIII (Japan) next year says otherwise D:

It still hasn't even reached mass market price range. Most consoles peak after hitting $199 (American).

So no, PS3 isn't even close to finished yet.

Who knows what is up Sony's sleeve this christmas. This might have more to do with Blu-ray than the console itself. Sony/Samsung/Pioneer ect want to have a dedicated Blu-ray player in everyone's home. The Playstation is the most popular blu-ray player out there and if its too pricey people might opt to buy a dedicated player. Dedicated Players will move more media. Then after Christmas they will drop the price on the PS3. You have to remember a dead console is the one that is not selling AFTER price drops. Sony has more to lose in home/consumer electronics than video games.

hold up a second and stop.there is lots of things yous aint taking into consideration.ps3 sales will die down in 2009 because of the worlds economy and when the worlds economy balances out again ps3 sales will go strong again weather it be 2010 or 2011 and by then the ps3 will have dropped in price again.the only reason microsoft has doubled there sales is because of the price drop and the economic status at the minute.if the economy wasnt the way it is and microsoft still dropped there price they wouldnt have the numbers they have now.

the release of gow3,uncharted 2,ff13 and verses,killzone 2,mag and dc universe online,heavy rain and the few other suprises they have coming will keep people wanting this consol reguardless.ps3 wont die but if it did microsoft wouldnt win.instead theyll be blamed for destroying the consol gaming generation cas i for one will be finished with gaming and i know thousands others feel that same way 2

FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
FishyJoe said:
I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but Leo-j is awfully arrogant to criticize since he has predicted doom for the Wii so many times.

And I was stupid for it, and my THREADS WERE CLOSED for it.

They were closed because you weren't trying to debate with any facts or logic. If you are willing to debate in a calm manner with facts and logic, you are welcome to do so. But if it's simply about your hatred, then yeah they will be closed.

Hatred is the path to the dark side.

Paul said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
FishyJoe said:
I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but Leo-j is awfully arrogant to criticize since he has predicted doom for the Wii so many times.

And I was stupid for it, and my THREADS WERE CLOSED for it.

They were closed because you weren't trying to debate with any facts or logic. If you are willing to debate in a calm manner with facts and logic, you are welcome to do so. But if it's simply about your hatred, then yeah they will be closed.

Hatred is the path to the dark side.

And the dark side always loses.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger