By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If last year ends up being PS3's peak year...

this is the most stupid thread ever IN EVERY FORUM!!

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
I'm willing to buy a super cheap PS3. Anyone willing to sell me theirs since so many of you think the PS3 is going to die next year?

Seriously, you guys posting in this thread with your doom and gloom need to go play some games to let off some pent up frustrations. The PS3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

all these doom and gloom is obviously coming from xbox fanboy trying to make themselves think xbox 360 is the dominating console. the quicker sony cut the price, the quicker these dickheads will just shut the fuck up! i hope sony time their price cuts well! one in europe BEFORE GT5!

leo-j said:
......................................................................................................................

I think he's about to kill you...

FishyJoe said:
I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but Leo-j is awfully arrogant to criticize since he has predicted doom for the Wii so many times.

Leo-j, I think you just got owned...

geddesmond2 said:
Esmoreit said:
geddesmond2 said:
Esmoreit said:
geddesmond2 said:

look i just have to say this about the ps3 sales.people are losing jobs by the thousands every day all over the world.banks have to be rescued by there governments.shoping markets are closing by the dozens.car manufacturers are in trouble and factorys all over the world are closing down.every one all over the world are trying to save money and christmas is upon us.of course people are gonna buy the cheaper consol for there kids this christmas.this doesnt mean ps3 will fail.

Then why did the $200 xbox360 sell less then the $250 wii last month - or for the entire year perhaps?

I'd also like to point out that all the industries you mentioned have had problems over the past years with the way they where lead. The American car-industry was bloated to it's fullest and failed to recognize the Japanese manufacturing market as threatening causing a sudden downfall. Every teacher I had 2 years ago used it as an example of an industry ready to crash. Expect the steelindustry to go next.

The banks have been living on non-gained revenue for years aswell.

Sony is of course totally different. Concerning the PS3, that has just been a relatively early bad marketing and design call which they can easily overcome next generation (provided they don't cock things up more then they did.) It's the other Sony divisions (someone called them a few pages back, something with back-lighting and something else) that need drastic actions.

the simple fact that the wii has sold more is because its a family consol.for christs sake my 50 year old mother bought herself a wii and while growing up she always went mad at me for playing games.the economy has been like that for a few years now but people wernt loosing there jobs.its only since the summer people started loosing jobs.just look at my country.in june there was 150k people claiming benifits off the government and now december there is 315k claiming benifits off the government.you see the pattern.if there was world stats for unemployment youll see a double of unemployed since june 2008

The family console argument exactly underlines what I said: price is no, or a small factor when it comes to purchasing videogames. It is all about percieved value - bang for your buck if you will. If people merely wanted to purchase a console on price, the Xbox360 would be the only console selling.
And besides, it isn't all doom and gloom. Christmas shopping here has been higher then years before, as did Sinterklaas (our present-holiday.)

@Bboid, thanks 

nah the family consol argument doesnt underline wat you said.familys rather a consol thats friendly for the whole family compared to a next gen consol full of games with violence,foul language and gore.the xbox being 200 and the wii 250 isnt a factor for parents.they'd rather spend 50 more on a game that doesnt set bad examples for there children.now if the ps3 was priced 200 and the xbox 360 250 then people would buy the ps3 you see wat im saying.but if the ps3 was 250 and the xbox 200 people would buy the ps3 aswel because its a house hold product compared to the xbox.blu ray dvd player anyone.oh and remember that post i said about uncharted and gow3 moving consols for sony well looks like forums everywhere are filling with omg i want a ps3 threads

Please, next post use interpunction and capital letters. It's much easier for me then to make out what your saying...

First of all, again: This gen being a console for everyone makes you sell. The wii is that console. Secondly comes the X360. Guitar Hero was sort of established on this console and in America, it's the dominant household-console besides the wii. Here in Europe where we both reside, the market is still split between both X360 and PS3.
Blu-ray does not make a household-console. Most of the market is hardly interested in the format, at least not untill a few years from now. (DVD sales still dwarf BR sales)

Debating on such massive pricedrops for Sony is kinda mood as it is pretty clear that the PS3 will not, during this generation fly below the 200 euro/dollar. And then still, the market for both has already been sort of established and like seen on the wii, price, especially a $/€50 difference will hardly matter to this market. Besides, it seems that you take into account the ideal that consumers are well informed about all consoles. If this would hold true, then wouldn't people still chose the X360 because the games on this machine are cheaper?

Let me conclude on the forum arguement... what you are seeing is less then 1% of a market. I highly doubt that GOW3 (especially after the kinda disappointing trailer) and Uncharted 2 (more of the same) will see more then a 30% increase in sales in the first week, after which it'll slow down again to normal numbers. And I believe 30% is pushing it.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

just watch after sony has another price drop it will mop the floor with xbox

2058 will be the peak year of the ps3 :P

The PS3 is selling a huge amount, its not in trouble

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

gebx said:
RolStoppable said:
If the PS3 goes down, it's going to take a lot of the 360 3rd party support with it, so the 360's end will be near as well. Could be interesting.

Remember what MS said... the 360's lifespan was going to be one day longer then the PS3's!!

Oh Noess!!!!

Don't you die PS3!! Don't you dare die on me!!!

I don't see either happening, but lol. 

Did they say one day or did they say they would support it for at least one day longer?