By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If last year ends up being PS3's peak year...

FishyJoe said:
I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but Leo-j is awfully arrogant to criticize since he has predicted doom for the Wii so many times.

And I was stupid for it, and my THREADS WERE CLOSED for it.

mM
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
If the PS3 goes down, it's going to take a lot of the 360 3rd party support with it, so the 360's end will be near as well. Could be interesting.

I don't see that.  There will still be 25-30m PS3's out there as well as 40m (and growing) 360s by that point.  Developer's will merely continue to make for both systems.   The HD systems are still much better than the comparitively small 20-24m user bases of the GC & Xbox and they saw support (limited granted).   360 won't lose support and PS3 will still be well supported because it's just a port of 360 games but support will dwindle away over time as 360 gets more and more exclusives and PS3 owners buy 360s.

The only reason 360 would end is because MS says 'We've succeeded in keeping Sony from dominating the living rooms of the world, time to stop losing money in this industry.' (although they are now posting profits).

leo-j said:
FishyJoe said:
I don't necessarily agree with the OP, but Leo-j is awfully arrogant to criticize since he has predicted doom for the Wii so many times.

And I was stupid for it, and my THREADS WERE CLOSED for it.

They were closed because you weren't trying to debate with any facts or logic. If you are willing to debate in a calm manner with facts and logic, you are welcome to do so. But if it's simply about your hatred, then yeah they will be closed.

RolStoppable said:
If the PS3 goes down, it's going to take a lot of the 360 3rd party support with it, so the 360's end will be near as well. Could be interesting.

Remember what MS said... the 360's lifespan was going to be one day longer then the PS3's!!

Oh Noess!!!!

Don't you die PS3!! Don't you dare die on me!!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

After all these threads I have seen, I just really really hope the PS3 pummels the 360 to the ground when it gets the price drop. Never have I seen so much hate for a console, did Sony do something to you or it is simply a case of jealousy as you cant afford a PS3?

Mind boggling stuff, a company with 15 internal devs are now going to discontinue a console because it is not selling well at £300.

Around the Network

If PS3 dies, it means 3rd party devs will be making games for Wii or 360, in which case 360 goes down with it?

The conditional in the title will not prove true, so whatever follows in the body of the original post is irrelevant.

RPG said:
If PS3 dies, it means 3rd party devs will be making games for Wii or 360, in which case 360 goes down with it?

Yes! And MS knew that all along! Why do you think they've coined the term Wii60!

They want to ride that coat-tail all the way to 2nd place!

Woot!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
RPG said:

Yes! And MS knew that all along! Why do you think they've coined the term Wii60!

They want to ride that coat-tail all the way to 2nd place!

Woot!

That is actually pretty funny :D!

On topic, doubt that it'll be the PS3s peak year. I think that for 2009 it'll ell roughly the same amount of units as it did in 2008 (less in the beginning months, more so in the last months when the fall pricecut will show).

And then it'll die down in 2009.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

gebx said:
RolStoppable said:

Remember what MS said... the 360's lifespan was going to be one day longer then the PS3's!!

Oh Noess!!!!

Don't you die PS3!! Don't you dare die on me!!!

wait microsoft can save them.... MS gave apple some money and time (and a refresh of word) in 97 and now look at apple, not only do they dominate a market they are selling more macs then ever (for ms trouble they made their investment back over one thousand times with the growth of non-votingstock they purchased).... maybe Ms can give sony some money and time, and a franchise or two to temporarly use if things go badly for sony in 09.....

its worked before

also sony would need to get jobs to somehow agree to be their ceo... he seems to do well in the high end market they are after.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog