By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why are folks being banned for sig length?

In a couple of days a new rule will apply.. the sigs cant be too broad anymore!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Because it is rule, and if they refuse to accept what the mod is requesting of them, they should be banned. I was asked to decrease my sig length, so I did

is mine long! =O

no.....but I'm thinking of bringing up a "gaudiness" limit to the rest of the staff. Then you might be in trouble. :P

Hmmm.. that seems pretty drastic. Couldn't the mods just email the people whose sigs are too long?

Around the Network
damkira said:

Hmmm.. that seems pretty drastic. Couldn't the mods just email the people whose sigs are too long?

People do get sent PMs

madskillz said:

It's amazing - I've seen some folks who have typed 'War and Peace' into their sigs, and others have a couple gaming score sigs - and outspoken views - and they seem to banned. What's the deal? Is this is just an excuse to give some folks a break? Why the sudden enforcement lately?

You should have seen my sig from back in the day.

It said something about GballZack raping your soul in all caps and the maximum font size. lol. Anyone else remember?

VGChartz has one of the best forums to discuss things on, they run it very well while still allowing creativity in the posts and sigs. I haven't played a game in a month except Guitar Hero w/ friends (because of school) but I still come on here just because it is a great forum. Easy on the eyes, solid, fun.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I had to cut one of my sigs down because it was too long. Not that a mod warned me, or anything, but I just felt that it was too long.

madskillz said:

I was warned just once and corrected it - and look up and see sigs friggin' huge and nada. No warnings or nothing. Of course I am not going to rat folks out, but seeing some spirited posters getting banned for sig lengths - and others putting a chapter of War and Peace rant into their sigs is unbelievable.

All I'm saying is - being fair and balanced. If a few are getting banned for sig lengths, crack down on everyone.

most people who get warnings/bans are because someone reported them. The mods can't be everywhere, and if you don't report them, then they will probably get away with breaking the rules.

I know at least 1 person who reports people for sig length (i think he has 56k modem) and I've reported a few obnoxious ones myself. But if you want it to be fair, just report those who break the rules and leave it up to the mods to take care of it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)