By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why are folks being banned for sig length?

It's amazing - I've seen some folks who have typed 'War and Peace' into their sigs, and others have a couple gaming score sigs - and outspoken views - and they seem to banned. What's the deal? Is this is just an excuse to give some folks a break? Why the sudden enforcement lately?

Around the Network

I was enforced for sig length half a year ago, it isn't anything new.

I still understand though...saves bandwith and the amount of scrolling necessary to get through a thread

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

It's a rule, if you don't follow it there has to be some kind of punishment so that people are more likely to follow the rules. Simple as that.

It isn't as heavily enforced as other offenses, but some people are just that thick headed that they can't change their sigs after being asked numerous times by moderators.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It's been a rule for a long time, I got a warning for my sig size before. Having a short sig saves a lot of time for scrolling.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

It isn't as heavily enforced as other offenses, but some people are just that thick headed that they can't change their sigs after being asked numerous times by moderators.

I was warned just once and corrected it - and look up and see sigs friggin' huge and nada. No warnings or nothing. Of course I am not going to rat folks out, but seeing some spirited posters getting banned for sig lengths - and others putting a chapter of War and Peace rant into their sigs is unbelievable.

All I'm saying is - being fair and balanced. If a few are getting banned for sig lengths, crack down on everyone.

If people ignore the warnings, they deserve to get banned

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

why do you think I put those 2 thing besides eachother...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
why do you think I put those 2 thing besides eachother...

LOL, Kirby. You get banned for breathing too hard! LOL!

because its the law