By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why are folks being banned for sig length?

nordlead said:
madskillz said:

I was warned just once and corrected it - and look up and see sigs friggin' huge and nada. No warnings or nothing. Of course I am not going to rat folks out, but seeing some spirited posters getting banned for sig lengths - and others putting a chapter of War and Peace rant into their sigs is unbelievable.

All I'm saying is - being fair and balanced. If a few are getting banned for sig lengths, crack down on everyone.

most people who get warnings/bans are because someone reported them. The mods can't be everywhere, and if you don't report them, then they will probably get away with breaking the rules.

I know at least 1 person who reports people for sig length (i think he has 56k modem) and I've reported a few obnoxious ones myself. But if you want it to be fair, just report those who break the rules and leave it up to the mods to take care of it.

I am going to guess you are refering to me, and my past crusade against sigs. For the record, I have DSL but just hate stupid sigs. Someone posts a stupid one liner (if even that long) and then have a three page long sig. I have simply disabled them now though as it was not worth the effort anymore. I miss the nice sigs, but the retarded ones are far too prevalent. A thread is just not enjoyable if 90% of it is the same stupid shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand,

As it pertains to the topic, I can assure you that everyone banned for sig length would have been given multiple warnings. Some people will make the most ludicrously long sigs over and over again. I have reported some people upward of 5 times for one sig over the course of a week or so (I'd try to limit to one a day) and never even take out one line of it. It may seem random but if you ever stop and pay attention to the worst offenders of obnoxious sigs it makes a lot of sense.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

^ your right but it is amusing most of the times

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I got reported for mine apparently. It was literally like 1.1 lines longer than it should be and I got a warning.

God-fucking-dammit. I know it isn't a ban but still, that person couldn't just PM me and say, hey dude, take out like 2 lines of text.

Fucking-A.

Warnings just make me look like a tool.

I actually think it's because it applied to him/her and they wanted to do something about it.

DMeisterJ said:
I got reported for mine apparently. It was literally like 1.1 lines longer than it should be and I got a warning.

God-fucking-dammit. I know it isn't a ban but still, that person couldn't just PM me and say, hey dude, take out like 2 lines of text.

Fucking-A.

I actually think it's because it applied to him/her and they wanted to do something about it.

sis you report yourself?... why the wouldyou do that...

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fucking-A.

I c what u did thar.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Fucking-A.

I c what u did thar.

jk my dear you know i love you

nordlead said:
madskillz said:

I was warned just once and corrected it - and look up and see sigs friggin' huge and nada. No warnings or nothing. Of course I am not going to rat folks out, but seeing some spirited posters getting banned for sig lengths - and others putting a chapter of War and Peace rant into their sigs is unbelievable.

All I'm saying is - being fair and balanced. If a few are getting banned for sig lengths, crack down on everyone.

most people who get warnings/bans are because someone reported them. The mods can't be everywhere, and if you don't report them, then they will probably get away with breaking the rules.

I know at least 1 person who reports people for sig length (i think he has 56k modem) and I've reported a few obnoxious ones myself. But if you want it to be fair, just report those who break the rules and leave it up to the mods to take care of it.

That explains a lot. Thanks a million, Nordlead. I was curious - I guess the next step is limiting the bandwidth on the sig animations - or maybe no animations at all. Cool.

Gnizmo said:
nordlead said:
madskillz said:

I am going to guess you are refering to me, and my past crusade against sigs. For the record, I have DSL but just hate stupid sigs. Someone posts a stupid one liner (if even that long) and then have a three page long sig. I have simply disabled them now though as it was not worth the effort anymore. I miss the nice sigs, but the retarded ones are far too prevalent. A thread is just not enjoyable if 90% of it is the same stupid shit that has nothing to do with the topic at hand,

As it pertains to the topic, I can assure you that everyone banned for sig length would have been given multiple warnings. Some people will make the most ludicrously long sigs over and over again. I have reported some people upward of 5 times for one sig over the course of a week or so (I'd try to limit to one a day) and never even take out one line of it. It may seem random but if you ever stop and pay attention to the worst offenders of obnoxious sigs it makes a lot of sense.

To be honest with you, I don't know who you are. This is my first time ever seeing you post.

OT - I dunno - I've never had a prob with sigs - unless they were just racist. If a person wants to express themselves, why not? I was just asking a question - not to even rant - but just wanted to ask - see if anyone else got hit and wanted to hear their experiences.

Sorry for your heartache, but for me, it's something that I actually overlook and breeze right over.

Yeah, anyone who reports sigs and is not using 56k is a tool.

Or anyone who reports sigs who are barely longer than the limit and only text are also tools.

:'(

To save bandwidth. I have to long sig a mod tells me I change it. It's not to hard...

Former something....