By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Console are you getting FFXIII for

ps3 for both games

Around the Network
jetrii2 said:
Xbox 360. I have a PS3 but I only use it for exclusives. Game installs annoy the heck out of me.

Personally I would take game install over changing disc anyday.  You don't have to phsyically be there while the game is installing.  You pop the disc in, go grab a bite or something, come back and it's done.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that as that big of an inconvenience.  I mean, what's the difference between that and using a PC?  Every application on your PC needs to be installed.

Currently have no plans on getting the game at all. Final Fantasy has just fallen so far as of late. I know longer have confidence in Square to turn out a quality Final Fantasy game.

360 if it comes in 2009

if 2025, probably PS3 as I may be on my end of gen cheap games buying spree.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I am not arguing anyone's qualms with installs OR swapping discs. Yet here is the thing...
We don't know if the PS3 version is even going to have installs yet. Maybe it won't. Maybe SE is actually as good as Naughty Dog or GG at PS3 and will make it without an install. Who knows.

Maybe you guys who say you are getting it on 360 should because of installs should rethink your reasoning until they actually SAY it has an install.

My two cents.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Oh and am getting it for PS3 lol.
I have a feeling PS3 version will have some kind of extra content. Plus we get the FFXIII demo that 360 doesn't have access to because it is on the Final Fantasy VII advent children complete disc.

Also think of this. BluRay doesn't scratch so that means the odds of it lasting on PS3 is much higher then the 360(who in effect, might actually destroy the disc with that ring thing it does when it is turned on it's side).

And those talking about achievements for 360 version, what about trophies?

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:
Xbox 360. I have a PS3 but I only use it for exclusives. Game installs annoy the heck out of me.

Personally I would take game install over changing disc anyday.  You don't have to phsyically be there while the game is installing.  You pop the disc in, go grab a bite or something, come back and it's done.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see that as that big of an inconvenience.  I mean, what's the difference between that and using a PC?  Every application on your PC needs to be installed.

Maybe it's just me, but when I pop a game into my game console, I want to play a game, not grab a bite to eat. I would rather spend a total of maybe 50 seconds changing discs than 10-30 minutes waiting for a game to install, even if I don't have to be there for most of the time.

jetrii2 said:
jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:

Maybe it's just me, but when I pop a game into my game console, I want to play a game, not grab a bite to eat. I would rather spend a total of maybe 50 seconds changing discs than 10-30 minutes waiting for a game to install, even if I don't have to be there for most of the time.

No PS3 game takes that much. MGS4, the one that has the longest install of all, is 8 mins.

Xen said:
jetrii2 said:
jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:

No PS3 game takes that much. MGS4, the one that has the longest install of all, is 8 mins.

Was it only that long? Felt like hours to me. Then again, I guess it doesn't help to have a gang of people anxiously waiting for the game to begin lol. My mistake. Still didn't enjoy the process though.

EDIT: Wait, didn't DMC4 have a 20 minute install on the PS3? I played it on the 360 but I recall Kotaku and other sources reporting a 20 minute installation. Was it lowered?

jetrii2 said:
Xen said:
jetrii2 said:
jacks81x said:
jetrii2 said:

Was it only that long? Felt like hours to me. Then again, I guess it doesn't help to have a gang of people anxiously waiting for the game to begin lol. My mistake. Still didn't enjoy the process though.

Well, do what you wanna do =P.

Personally, I like to grab a bite to eat while stuffs' installing.

I get mine on PS3 because of 3 reasons... it will have the "complete package" (XIII+vXIII), the disc barely scratches, and... I don't plan to have a 360 xD.

As for DMC 4, myabe you're right. I didn't hear anything about it.