By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

It will sell tons probably.

Around the Network

I'd buy it even if it wasn't designed and bundled with WM+. Wii Sports is a fantastic piece of software that my family and I still play almost daily. The fact it is coming with a motion control enhancement is just icing on an already sublime cake.

Total sales will vary depending on how well it is marketed and well WM+ catches on.

5-15 million. Too many factors involved to narrow it down any further.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Will it sell????

When a game sells one copy, it sells... XD

Now seriously, Wii Sports is a massive hit in Japan (the only country that had to buy the game), and in this side of the country, people a lot of people bought the Wii exclusively because of Wii Sports... Now, if we take Wii Fit sales into consideration (because Wii Sports was bundled and Wii Play costed almost nothing), it should be a no-brainer that Wii Sports Resort will sell really high as well or maybe even more, i'm guessing a 40%-50% attach rate...

For the next couple years expect to see the following weekly sales:

1. WiiSports
2. WiiSports Resort
3. WiiPlay

misterd said:
For the next couple years expect to see the following weekly sales:

1. WiiSports
2. WiiSports Resort
3. WiiPlay

Where is WiiFit?

Around the Network

At number 4?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Grampy said:
If motion control is a “bad joke” to you then nothing I say will make sense to you, let alone persuade you. I have played for many years on every type of controller from the single button joystick of the 2600 up to and including the current batwing MS model. And that very much includes mouse and keyboard.

To me, they all suffered from a huge flaw and that was they kept me from being a participant in the game. No matter how clever the first person camera it just didn’t work. At best I was an electronic puppet master making my pixel puppet dance on screen.

Ten minutes of Wii sport and I knew I would never even look back. Despite the cartoon graphics and opponents with no feet. I was bowling, playing tennis, not just making an electronic marionette go through the motions. If was just a beginning and far from perfect but it already was giving me more fun than the previous 30 years of gaming.

That’s what I mean about first person shooters. Having a zapper in my hand in a gimped down version of COD actually felt better to me than playing the incredibly gorgeous PC version but shooting people with a mouse, and typing a grenade at them.

But I wanted even more. I’m actually a pretty fair sword fighter having been on a collegiate team. No control system let me get this skill on the table. But motion+ will and swordfights will depend on my skill with the sword, not on my speed typing and ability to remember button combinations.

How sublime!

Ten minutes of Wii sports and I realized I needed to get a real game. I had more fun playing Virtua Boy's Mario Tennis than I had playing Tennis on Wii Sports.

The useless piece of plastic Zapper was designed badly because the trigger is in the front. And for FPS, I'd much rather have the more accurate mouse. The IR works likeless accurate mouse, anyway, not a gun.  Duck Hunt at least worked more like a real gun.

We'll see how good the motion plus is but I'm not happy about having to upgrade 4 controllers.