By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

Wii Sport Resorts true success *I'm considering anything under 5 mil to be a disappointment* will be how many other games, both first and third party, utilize it. If the peripheral becomes a major part of the Wii's game library, then it will drive sales like we've rarely ever seen before, but if it is mostly sports resort and a few games that offer Motion plus options, the game will will never hit double digit million sales.

Of course, there's always the chance that it might get bundled *or built in to future Wii Remotes*. That would change things.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

EDIT - can't forget Mario Kart Wii which is awesome with the motion control / Wii Wheel. In fact I have played a few times with a GC controller and I still prefer the Wii Wheel, it's very precise and more fun.

I prefer wiimote-nunchuck, but to each his or her own.

stof said:
Of course, there's always the chance that it might get bundled *or built in to future Wii Remotes*. That would change things.

Is that not the plan?  I sort of assumed that's what they would do, like Sony did with the original Dual Shock and now the Dual Shock 3...just bundle the updated controller with new consoles.

windbane said:
NJ5 said:

EDIT - can't forget Mario Kart Wii which is awesome with the motion control / Wii Wheel. In fact I have played a few times with a GC controller and I still prefer the Wii Wheel, it's very precise and more fun.

I prefer wiimote-nunchuck, but to each his or her own.

I also tried that once or twice. It was pretty much the same as using the GC controller, just better to use powerups.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

windbane said:
Grampy said:
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
Perhaps the answer to Sony's problems is much simpler than we thought and windbane here at vgchartz just found it... They just have to start a Little Plastic Add-ons division. They can ride on the profits from that division throughout the recession. They just need some cool games to go with the add-ons.

If Sony released a wii-mote-like controller with some bundled game that cost $10 more, I think people would buy it, yeah. Sony is already trying to nickle and dime LBP costumes, btw...and now "premium" themes...

What's genius about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future. I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?

I can't tell if you're trolling or just really don't get it. Motion plus is not a plastic racing wheel, a zapper or some minor piece of add on. It's not even a balance board. It is essentially the next generation in gaming control.

Ah, zapper, I forgot about that one!

What the heck are you talking about, though?  I am saying Nintendo is genius because they have made a lot of money selling bundles.  It's not the next generation of gaming control, it's what the Wiimote was promised to be to begin with.

I'll just requote myself and you can reread it, because it's not trolling:  "What's geniuss about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future. I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?"  The point is that Resort alone might just be what Wii Sports was, a demo of what is to come.  it's a clever bundle to promote sales.  They are guaranteed to sell 10s of millions.  Good for them. 

It was NOT what it was promised to be, nor could it have been. If you care to go back to my posting at the bottom of page 9 where I go into the history of the The InvenSense IDG-600 sensor MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) in more detail, the technology in a size and price to be usable for a game controller DID NOT EXIST at the time.

The units that did (MEMS was used to provide vehicle stability control then later camera and lens image stabilization control) would have made each Wiimote cost more than the system.

The system being used was developed and built to Nintendo's standards and was not even announced until late Jan. 2008.

The Wiimote was already a huge step ofrward as witnessed by its success. At that time no one was seriously contemplating real time, one to one, 3 dimensional and full rotational sensing because the microscopic gyroscopes simply did not exist.

Around the Network

Yes and alot.

There's no question WSR will be a huge success and join Mario Kart, Wii Play, Fit and Sports in clogging up the top ten.

I predict 3 million first week(1.5 America, 0.75 Japan and 0.75 Others)
I know this is a little high, but everything can happen...

I'm pretty sure it will sell, and I'm getting it

For those wondering how much it will be, I've preordered it and it was (is) £39.14 from Game.co.uk. This is about $60 ish but then we do pay rip-off prices here in the UK for some games

I'll prob be able to find it cheaper neearer the time but I don't want to risk not getting this game on launch day.

I haven't seen Wii motion plus available to pre-order on its own.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3308-4850-9342 / STEAM ID: makepeacefox

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

"Watchmen" is far better than The Dark Knight / Why does no-one own this wonderful game: Fragile Allegiance? / Speak (Type) Italian to me!

Disloyal member of the LFGM