By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

rocketpig said:
Erik Aston said:
Eh, I think people are getting carried away. We haven't seen enough of the game to judge if it will be a 5m seller or a 30m seller.

If it's closer to Wii Fit's scope than Wii Sports', it could be a huge hit. But if its closer to Wii Sports, people might yawn.

I'll put it this way: it is more important for Resort to follow in the footsteps of Fit and Kart than it is to follow in the footsteps of Wii Sports. Carnival Games and Deca Sports followed in the footsteps of Sports; Fit and Kart took Wii Sport's ideals and built a higher-end market with them.

Honestly, I don't know much about the game but the idea excites me.

Add in multiple sports, add depth to the sports Wii Sports has, add the Wii board to those that have it, and you've got a hit. Advertise it as something new - yet familiar - and you've got an epic win on your hands.

The key is to make it work with everything and then nurture the "hardcore" amongst us. I don't mean gamers, I only mean the competitive nature within humans. Those who played Wii Sports but want to really kick each others' asses.

Really, all you need is something that builds on Wii Sports. Shit, even that piece of shit Wii Music has sold over a million. Add in a new peripheral and new content and you've got a win. It will be interesting to see how Nintendo does it.

Why are mods allowed to say this? Even if it was sarcasm, he didn't at all state it clearly, so many people like myself will interpret it wrongly. If it isn't sarcasm, why the hell is he allowed to say that? Because he's a mod? I've seen people banned for saying less offensive things towards games.

Around the Network

I'm prepared to say, Resort will be the #1 seller next year - and should even outsell games that launch on multiple platforms (i.e. Madden).

The only doubt is if manufacturing limits to M+ will restrict shipments / sales.

I seriously hope Ninty manage to add some online multiplayer to this baby - this could be the "gateway" game to get casuals playing Wii multiplayer online.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

wfz said:
rocketpig said:
Erik Aston said:
Eh, I think people are getting carried away. We haven't seen enough of the game to judge if it will be a 5m seller or a 30m seller.

If it's closer to Wii Fit's scope than Wii Sports', it could be a huge hit. But if its closer to Wii Sports, people might yawn.

I'll put it this way: it is more important for Resort to follow in the footsteps of Fit and Kart than it is to follow in the footsteps of Wii Sports. Carnival Games and Deca Sports followed in the footsteps of Sports; Fit and Kart took Wii Sport's ideals and built a higher-end market with them.

Honestly, I don't know much about the game but the idea excites me.

Add in multiple sports, add depth to the sports Wii Sports has, add the Wii board to those that have it, and you've got a hit. Advertise it as something new - yet familiar - and you've got an epic win on your hands.

The key is to make it work with everything and then nurture the "hardcore" amongst us. I don't mean gamers, I only mean the competitive nature within humans. Those who played Wii Sports but want to really kick each others' asses.

Really, all you need is something that builds on Wii Sports. Shit, even that piece of shit Wii Music has sold over a million. Add in a new peripheral and new content and you've got a win. It will be interesting to see how Nintendo does it.

Why are mods allowed to say this? Even if it was sarcasm, he didn't at all state it clearly, so many people like myself will interpret it wrongly. If it isn't sarcasm, why the hell is he allowed to say that? Because he's a mod? I've seen people banned for saying less offensive things towards games.

Becasue saying Wii Music is a piece of shit is mainstream or any Mii based game with Wii in the title that sells under 6 miillion.

You have to always be a little careful criticizing something which is appealing more to those of a creative and artistic temperament because you may only be calling attention to the fact that you totally lack either one and are in fact, the total mouth breathing knuckle dragger your last girlfriend accused you of being.

Likewise anyone attempting to judge the sales of Sports Resort without factoring in the huge element of the one to one real-time 3 dimensional and rotational motion control of Motion Plus has either failed to grasp its significance, or is unable to understand it. Either way, you may want to step aside the day that particular bombshell hits because when you wake up in the morning the world of video games and the meaning of “hardcore” will have changed forever.

I think it will be a gigantic hit. Maybe not right out of the gate (WII games have leeeegs) but I feel that it could actually appeal more to the hardcore (than WII fit) in combination with casuals. I know I´m probably gonna get this and I have no real interest in Wii fit (would like to have the balanceboard though).

Grampy: I LOVE your Nintendo season greetings pic.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
Wii Sports Resort is the new WiiPlay.

(People will complain sales should not count as well)

And they'll be right, but it just shows Nintendo's genius this generation.  They can sell any gmae they want as long as they bundle it with some controller "upgrade."  First, Wii Sports and the Wii just to get the new controller.  Then Mario Kart (useless wheel), Wii Fit, and now Wii Sports 2.

Why would anyone own a Wii and not get the game that makes the controller better, or the way it was advertized.

windbane said:
WiiStation360 said:

And they'll be right, but it just shows Nintendo's genius this generation.  They can sell any gmae they want as long as they bundle it with some controller "upgrade."  First, Wii Sports and the Wii just to get the new controller.  Then Mario Kart (useless wheel), Wii Fit, and now Wii Sports 2.

Why would anyone own a Wii and not get the game that makes the controller better, or the way it was advertized.

Ok I get what you are saying but come on. Do you mean to say that people buy Mario Kart WII because of the wheel? Sure it´s a nice feature and clever way to market the game but it would be useless if Mario Kart weren´t such a great game.

As for Wii Sports Resort, Wii motion+ sure looks great in my opinon and I would definately get it in itself  if good games were to follow it, but I´m gonna get Sports Resort with or without it and I´m sure many besides myself would too.

samus aran rules said:
windbane said:
WiiStation360 said:

And they'll be right, but it just shows Nintendo's genius this generation. They can sell any game they want as long as they bundle it with some controller "upgrade." First, Wii Sports and the Wii just to get the new controller. Then Mario Kart (useless wheel), Wii Fit, and now Wii Sports 2.

Ok I get what you are saying but come on. Do you mean to say that people buy Mario Kart WII because of the wheel? Sure it´s a nice feature and clever way to market the game but it would be useless if Mario Kart weren´t such a great game.

As for Wii Sports Resort, Wii motion+ sure looks great in my opinon and I would definately get it in itself if good games were to follow it, but I´m gonna get Sports Resort with or without it and I´m sure many besides myself would too.

Yeah, I'd say Mario Kart is more getting people to waste money on plastic to accompany the game, but I know there are a lot of people that bought it just because of the wheel.  It worked both ways and I agree with you that it was good marketing.  I thought it lacked features that the previous games had, so I didn't like the new Mario Kart as much.  In fact, it had 2 fatal flaws:  no co-op Grand Prix and no FFA battle mode.  Anyway, I digress...

@windbane: The wheel is not useless. I was playing without it the other day, and it's not as comfortable or intuitive as with it.

OT: I wonder if Nintendo will have the biggest supply ever for this game, otherwise it will be sold out for months!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

windbane said:
samus aran rules said:
windbane said:
WiiStation360 said:

And they'll be right, but it just shows Nintendo's genius this generation. They can sell any game they want as long as they bundle it with some controller "upgrade." First, Wii Sports and the Wii just to get the new controller. Then Mario Kart (useless wheel), Wii Fit, and now Wii Sports 2.

As for Wii Sports Resort, Wii motion+ sure looks great in my opinon and I would definately get it in itself if good games were to follow it, but I´m gonna get Sports Resort with or without it and I´m sure many besides myself would too.

Yeah, I'd say Mario Kart is more getting people to waste money on plastic to accompany the game, but I know there are a lot of people that bought it just because of the wheel.  It worked both ways and I agree with you that it was good marketing.  I thought it lacked features that the previous games had, so I didn't like the new Mario Kart as much.  In fact, it had 2 fatal flaws:  no co-op Grand Prix and no FFA battle mode.  Anyway, I digress...

Ok I think we have to agree on disagreeing. Maybe I´m wrong and people buy it because of a "piece of plastic" but I´m sure it would have been multimilion seller even without it. Anyway what makes the game soar to the heaven of gaming for me is the BRILLIANT onlinefeature which the previous games in the series lacks. I can sit for hours racing online, it never get boring, so to me it´s my favorite Mario Kart so far (haven´t played Super Mario Kart on SNES though even though I had SNES, I´m still wating for it on VC).