By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

c0rd said:
shams said:
It will sell at insane levels. It probably will be the new WiiPlay - except WiiPlay will keep selling as well. They should bundle BOTH games together (with both controllers!).

Ironically - I wonder if limited manufacturing for M+ will limit the supplies of Resort? WiiFit is limited to around 200k/week (and has sold its full 10m this year) - Resort should be able to manufacture at *least* 2-3x as quick.

In fact - if M+ is initially ONLY available with Resort - it could break all sales records ever seen. 50m Wiis out there (when Resort launches) - and as many as 30m of them may buy this game. And 10m might want 2-3 M+ units...

We could be looking at the first game *ever* to sell 20m+ units in 12 months...

Yeah, that wouldn't work. Nintendo isn't so greedy that they'd force customers who want to play multiplayer (pretty much the whole point of the game) to buy multiple copies of the game.

Still, due to the Wii Play (bundled) factor, I think the game can break records. People say it may not be as widely appealing as Wii Fit, but there are a few things to keep in mind here:

• It is bundled with M+, and the game is essentially representing the new peripheral.
  • Wii Fit would have sold even more than it has now, considering its sales are limited by supply.
  • The Wii userbase will be at least 50mil when WSR hits. By the end of the year, it should be at least 70m. With these numbers, it can't be that hard to pull off 10m before the end of 09...

Well, we don't know *anything* about the price point of the game - or M+ yet.

I was effectively "forced" into buying THREE copies of WiiPlay - one at launch, the other two when I picked up extra controllers recently. Controllers on their own were "out of stock" - but they had LOTS of copies of WiiPlay - and no plans to get just more controllers in. Sort of evil really.

If M+ sells for $29.95 (and it could!), WiiSports:Resort could sell for $39.95 - and come with a M+ bundled. Although with the success of WiiSports, I think they would be insane to not price it at $49.95...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Yeah, I guess so... I bought my Wii early this year, so I didn't have to put up with that. Sounds troublesome..

Anyway, it's all speculation of course, but I don't think they'll charge $30 for M+. Iwata said they're going to offer it for as little as possible, and thinks it should end up being "very affordable." That shouldn't be more than $20, I'm hoping. Offering too much means multiplayer games (esp 3-4 players) will suffer from a lack of support. People have trouble buying 4 extra nunchucks as it is...

I'm guessing the Motion + will be $20, and WSR (with one M+) will be $50. $30 for a Wii Sports sequel is very reasonable. We'll see how things turn out...

are we allowed to say this game will be (insert forbidden h word here)

cos if we say then its only going to sell 3 million and everyone will laugh

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
are we allowed to say this game will be (insert forbidden h word here)

cos if we say then its only going to sell 3 million and everyone will laugh

I don't get what the "forbidden h word" is.

Nor do I understand your post in general.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

This game could have a 50% attach rate per Wii console sold in 2009.

Around the Network

I make my boldest prediction yet!!! Wii Sports resorts will be the first Wii game to experience less than 0 sales :P

Anyway, guaranteed 10 million plus, 20 should be possible. Above that, who knows

A definite yes. It will sell like there is no tomorrow (think wiiplay).

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

i completly agree this game will be madness in its purest, pre order it as soon as you can!!! or else you might die!!!

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

It doesn't matter how much this game costs. It will sell out and will be selling on Ebay with a bigger % mark up than Wii Fit, Wii Play and possibly even the Wii itself come holidays 09.

It doesn't matter what reviewers give this game. It's the sequel to Wii Sports, reviews are void.

It doesn't matter how deep it is or whether or not it has online. It has jetskis and 1:1 sword fighting plus another 8 games.

Nintendo could bundle extra M+ with a Wii Play M+ title and we'd be looking at another 10M seller.

For anyone who has little interest in improved graphics, Motion+ is the Wii2. I'm amazed Nintendo are bringing it out so soon.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Coca-Cola said:
if it's $10 it'll sell alot.
If it's over $20, I don't it will.
I won't buy it unless it's $9.99

I won't buy a PS3 unless it's $49,99.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)