By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii Sports Resort (Wii Sports 2) Will it sell???

NJ5 said:
Perhaps the answer to Sony's problems is much simpler than we thought and windbane here at vgchartz just found it... They just have to start a Little Plastic Add-ons division. They can ride on the profits from that division throughout the recession. They just need some cool games to go with the add-ons.

If Sony released a wii-mote-like controller with some bundled game that cost $10 more, I think people would buy it, yeah.  Sony is already trying to nickle and dime LBP costumes, btw...and now "premium" themes...

What's geinus about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future.  I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?

Around the Network
windbane said:
NJ5 said:
Perhaps the answer to Sony's problems is much simpler than we thought and windbane here at vgchartz just found it... They just have to start a Little Plastic Add-ons division. They can ride on the profits from that division throughout the recession. They just need some cool games to go with the add-ons.

If Sony released a wii-mote-like controller with some bundled game that cost $10 more, I think people would buy it, yeah.  Sony is already trying to nickle and dime LBP costumes, btw...and now "premium" themes...

What's geinus about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future.  I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?

I can't tell if you're trolling or just really don't get it. Motion plus is not a plastic racing wheel, a zapper or some minor piece of add on. It's not even a balance board. It is essentially the next generation in gaming control.

no it will do similar to Playstation and motorstorm. everyone has cause it is bundle.

Grampy said:
windbane said:
NJ5 said:

If Sony released a wii-mote-like controller with some bundled game that cost $10 more, I think people would buy it, yeah. Sony is already trying to nickle and dime LBP costumes, btw...and now "premium" themes...

What's genius about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future. I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?

I can't tell if you're trolling or just really don't get it. Motion plus is not a plastic racing wheel, a zapper or some minor piece of add on. It's not even a balance board. It is essentially the next generation in gaming control.

Ah, zapper, I forgot about that one!

What the heck are you talking about, though?  I am saying Nintendo is genius because they have made a lot of money selling bundles.  It's not the next generation of gaming control, it's what the Wiimote was promised to be to begin with.

I'll just requote myself and you can reread it, because it's not trolling:  "What's geniuss about this wii-mote+ thing is that you almost have the buy the thing if you want to play the best games in the future. I mean, who wants 4 inferior wii-motes?"  The point is that Resort alone might just be what Wii Sports was, a demo of what is to come.  it's a clever bundle to promote sales.  They are guaranteed to sell 10s of millions.  Good for them. 

@windbane: Did Nintendo promise 1:1 motion control right off the bat? I don't remember that promise and I doubt it happened considering the technology simply didn't exist at reasonable prices.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The wii remote was NOT promised to give true 1:1 motion, ever. If it was, I think everybody missed that.

I'd love to see a quote about that.

And, I think this game will have a 60-65% attach rate.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

NJ5 said:
@windbane: Did Nintendo promise 1:1 motion control right off the bat? I don't remember that promise and I doubt it happened considering the technology simply didn't exist at reasonable prices.

I think a lot of people thought it would be more accurate than it is, at least if you are going to base your console around it. Oh, right, I had to buy a Wavebird, too. That's another controller purchase.

Indeed, 1:1 motion control was never promised or even mentioned by anyone from Nintendo. It's just what rabid fanboys were assuming, and somehow through the crazy workings of the internet a lot of people now seem to believe that Nintendo did in fact officially state the Wii would include 1:1 motion control. And those are the people who now go around like a bunch of trolling forumbabies screaming Nintendo are liars who don't deliver what they promise and that the Wiimote's just a piece of defunct plastic. Please people, just cut the bull.

Also, Bundling Wiis with both Sports and Resort would be win, imho. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

@windbane: Some people may have thought so, but Nintendo never promised it. Personally I think the best feature of the current Wii Remote is the IR pointer, but the WM+ may well put the motion control up there with the IR.

The tennis game in Wii Sports is a lot of fun though, and it only uses motion control.

EDIT - can't forget Mario Kart Wii which is awesome with the motion control / Wii Wheel. In fact I have played a few times with a GC controller and I still prefer the Wii Wheel, it's very precise and more fun.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

After the industry tried its best to destroy Wii Music.

Yes this will sell, and you'll all get ready to spit on Nintendo's mighty erect ego as he slowly works it into our assorted game collection.