By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet=141k & Valkyria Chronicles = 33k

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21509

http://www.edge-online.com/news/valkyria-largely-ignored-us-gamers

Valkyria Largely Ignored by U.S. Gamers

Nevertheless, pockets of gamers admired the stylish PS3 exclusive for its unique look and interesting mix of real-time and turn-based tactics. Those fans might like to know that the game sold just 33K units in the U.S. during November, according to NPD Group.

Valkyria Chronicles released on November 4 in the U.S. The title first shipped in Japan in late April, where it performed much better, shifting 77K units in its first week.

Little bigPlanet:

Well, LBP moved 141,000 units in the United States during November 2008, according to figures provided to Gamasutra by the NPD Group. The title had debuted eighth in the October console software sales charts with 215,000 units sold.

thoughts?

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network

How does November NPD results disprove the idea that LBP will get a boost from the holidays that are in December?

VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Riachu said:
VC was never expected to sell very well anyway so no suprise there. SRPGs are very niche. The last SRPG to sell 1 million copies was release over 10 years ago.

Sony fanboys expected it to sell, lol.

Riachu said:

yeah it didn't even make the top 100 either, pretty lame.

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network

Torillian - Because everything else got a massive boost far exceeding LBP?

I mean, LBP could, and should get a boost come December. Problem is, that boost may get it to 250-300k for December. That'd put LBP at a very sad total for the EOY, and well under 1m sold through in the US.

That also means that VGC overtracked Valkyria by quite a large sum, and VC sold less than what ToV did in one week in August...For the US.

I guess the Playstation 3 really can't sell JRPGs. Even less so than the X360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Torillian - Because everything else got a massive boost far exceeding LBP?

I mean, LBP could, and should get a boost come December. Problem is, that boost may get it to 250-300k for December. That'd put LBP at a very sad total for the EOY, and well under 1m sold through in the US.

That also means that VGC overtracked Valkyria by quite a large sum, and VC sold less than what ToV did in one week in August...For the US.

I guess the Playstation 3 really can't sell JRPGs. Even less so than the X360.

yeah even tales of vesperia a game that i rarely seen any AD's for it managed to crack the top 50.

How is it you're meant to have so much knowledge about JRPG's yet still can't tell that SRPG's sell differently than your average JRPG? Thought you knew that.

Soriku said:

VC was only really ignored since it's a SRPG... =/ And that HD owners have something against cel shaded games (just look at PoP sales) for some reason.

@Riachu

Which one sodl 1 mil?

Final Fantasy Tactics

@mrstickball

WKC will probably sell better since traditional JRPGs are less niche than SRPGs like VC are.  Look at ToV's and LO's sales.

im expecting a port of VC now sega.