By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CNN Money-The PS3 is a Sinking Ship

I'm not going to comment on the various claims that CNN is in the tank for MS, cause that's just stupid. If anything CNN is a competitor to MS own TV channel MSNBC, but okey.

One thing no-one really mentions is that CNN-Money is a very well known source for investors/banks etc. If they care enough to write about the PS3 than it could mean very bad news for Sony. SCE has been spared in the recent layoffs, but if the investors los their faith in the PS3 it's over.

the second biggest conglomerate in the world

What? Sony's not even in the top 20 biggest companies. Hell, Nintendo has an even larger market cap these days!

Around the Network

i find it disgusting that a mod is arguing in this thread so much and he should get a warning or a ban, honestly its good to have an opinion but dont attack other peoples and bash consoles, you are doing what you are supposed to be preventing.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

lol, just looked it up: Sony is ranked the 182nd biggest company in the world.

BengaBenga said:
I'm not going to comment on the various claims that CNN is in the tank for MS, cause that's just stupid. If anything CNN is a competitor to MS own TV channel MSNBC, but okey.

One thing no-one really mentions is that CNN-Money is a very well known source for investors/banks etc. If they care enough to write about the PS3 than it could mean very bad news for Sony. SCE has been spared in the recent layoffs, but if the investors los their faith in the PS3 it's over.

For now I think most analysts are being quite nice to Sony. The clout they have as a big corporation still has a big effect even on analysts.

However, some of them are finally coming out of the woodwork and saying Sony may not profit in the last half of the fiscal year, and there were complaints about their layoffs plans ("not enough", "not soon enough", "not clear", "what about the other divisions?", etc). I still haven't seen anyone giving a reasonable explanation of how Sony will be posting profits under the current conditions.

It only gets worse from now on, so you better get used to reading this kind of articles.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

BengaBenga said:

Where do you read things like that? I wanna see.

Around the Network

This is the same crap I have been hearing throughout 2006 and 2007. History repeats itself.

Khuutra said:
BengaBenga said:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/02/worlds-largest-companies-biz-2000global08-cx_sd_0402global_land.html

My company is doing quite well...Top 10. Also proud to be a Dutchman! Two companies in the top 10.

drkohler said:
~flame said:
  1. The differences between Blu-Ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50".

I think we can all stop reading this nonsense after this line.. Seriously, why is it that the most uneducated people writing articles are invariably located in the USA?

lol @ point number 1 how uneducted can u get............whoever wrote that is obviously a prick.........ps3 is up yoy not as much as it cud have been but they have sold more this year than last..........regarding this month,b last year ps3 had a major price cut...........that article is dire

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

BengaBenga said:
Khuutra said:
BengaBenga said:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/02/worlds-largest-companies-biz-2000global08-cx_sd_0402global_land.html

My company is doing quite well...Top 10. Also proud to be a Dutchman! Two companies in the top 10.

That list illustrates one of their problems quite nicely. If you sort it by revenue, they're ranked at around 75, if you sort it by profit they're ranked between 500-600.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

kowenicki said:
@ benga benga this list too...

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global500/2008/full_list/

That ones purely based on revenue. Tough interesting, the Forbes list uses their own system based on revenue, profit, asset value and market capitalization to determine the ranking.